Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

Default Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

Obviously we all love what Frisco has become, specifically for Bison fans....

But as we are officially in the offseason, its fun to think about What-Ifs.

If for some reason Frisco wasnt an option, where would you want the natty to be? And for the sake of conversation, lets say it cant be in the dallas area, so not at SMU or TCU or whatever.

3 ideas come to my mind right away:
    1. Orlando - play at the Orlando FC stadium, its pretty damn nice. Nicer than Toyota IMO
    2. Austin TX- play at the Austin FC stadium- this ones even newer and nicer than Orlando stadium
    3. Vegas- maybe play at UNLV's old stadium?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default Re: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

Any place that down south with room for tailgating and pre-game activities and artificial turf on the field.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like Dallas region because its a straight shot South for us, and there's lots of flights there.

The big criteria for me would be a warm location with easy and affordable travel.
    Would also prefer to play in a real football stadium rather than these FC fields.
    I'd be ok with something like playing at Houston or SMU.

San Diego, California might be fun too.

UNLV the real draw would be Vegas. I think they have CES close to the same time, which could create some conflicts.
    I went to CES one year, all the hotels were sold out and prices were peak. It typically draws people from all over the world.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

If for some reason Frisco wasnt an option, where would you want the natty to be? And for the sake of conversation, lets say it cant be in the dallas area, so not at SMU or TCU or whatever.

1. Orlando - play at the Orlando FC stadium, its pretty damn nice. Nicer than Toyota IMO
    2. Austin TX- play at the Austin FC stadium- this ones even newer and nicer than Orlando stadium
    I’ve thought there should be a rotation with a new site every year, and my preference was Orlando, Frisco, and Las Vegas. But since you stipulated it can’t be in the Dallas area, I think the Alamodome in San Antonio would be a good place. Looking at the pictures the lower bowl looks very similar in capacity to Toyota Stadium. They could plan on selling only those, and if there’s enough demand they could open up some of the upper sections.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Yes, please come to Orlando...lots of distractions for the casual fans and even El Chapo can blend in with the group of tourists we have...

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Yes, please come to Orlando...lots of distractions for the casual fans and even El Chapo can blend in with the group of tourists we have...
    And PLENTY of grandmas to go hot tubbing with!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    And PLENTY of grandmas to go hot tubbing with!!!!
    NDSU in Frisco this year the average age was 70 not even kidding. It was basically all Snow Birds from Arizona/Texas. Every group that I would see at the bars were like "We are orginally from Bismarck, now we live in Pheonix & Drove over"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Orlando and Vegas are probably the only two places I’d enjoy less than Dallas again. Giant hollow cultureless amusement parks. But whatever. The primary attraction for me is the game anyway and anything else’s is icing on the cake.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Frisco has the perfect stadium for this game. Just improve the field.

DFW is perfectly situated to support the game with hotels, restaurants, and bars.

Frisco is perfectly located.

Yep... the fan base is getting older. It should be a big area of concern that the student body doesn't attend the games. Are people in their 20s and 30s buying in? Not sure about that.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I've always thought Tulane's stadium would make a decent site...

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.