Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

Default Re: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

How about just drawing a line between the two championship contenders and picking a 20k seat stadium closest to the mid point? That would add some intrigue to the process.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    How about just drawing a line between the two championship contenders and picking a 20k seat stadium closest to the mid point? That would add some intrigue to the process.
    That sounds fun, but NCAA moves far too slow to pull that off.
    They've got contracts years in advance with all the facilities, hotels for the teams, etc.

Even if they could move fast, it would be very hard logistically to put everything in place in a few weeks or less.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    They've got contracts years in advance with all the facilities, hotels for the teams, etc.

Even if they could move fast, it would be very hard logistically to put everything in place in a few weeks or less.
    Not sure what’s fun about January football in Laramie, WY.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Logistically impossible when it comes to coordinating multiple sites for staffing/ticketing/travel arrangements. The site needs to be determined by the preseason but there's nothing wrong with rotating sites year-to-year. I'd suspect the NCAA is happy with the current arrangement and so is Frisco. I'm pretty sure both entities are making much more than they were 10 years ago. I mentioned it another thread but I can see past purchases in my AXS account and for the 2012 natty (SHSU part deux) I paid $35 for sideline seats in pretty much the exact same area as where I paid $90 through the NDSU allotment this year. Frisco could have easily tripled their bid since they were awarded this game in 2010 assuming they get a percentage of ticket sales and be pulling a bigger profit.

So what's the midpoint between here and Bozeman?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

The NCAA doesn't do much of the work locally. The bidding organization is together a local organizing committee that does 90% of the work. It takes them the better part of each year to get that work done. If they decided the location after the semifinals they would not have near the structure and organization they do now. It amazes me how much everyone thinks someone just decides to have a game somewhere and people show up and play the game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    The middle of fucking nowhere.

Hoople????

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...rts%20Ventures.

Games not going anywhere until 2027. So get those bar napkins out and start planning those NCAA bids.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Somewhere between Wibaux and Glendive.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.