Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

Default Re: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

I do think the 15ish hour drive to Frisco is probably the limit for most that drive down. You get into that 18+ hour drive time and it will significantly cut into the number of NDSU fans that travel to the game every year. It would still be a good showing but I don't think you get the 15-18k. Probably closer to the 10-12k imo.

I also don't think because some don't want to drive that far they would automatically fly. Packing 3-5 peeps in a car/truck and driving for 15 hours is a hell of a lot cheaper than 3-5 flights plus a rental car.

I don't mind Frisco, didn't go for the first time this year. Nothing more to see there but it's relatively easy to get to and I actually like the stadium(right size, outdoors, tailgating is right there). I do know that I would have renewed interest in going if it was in a new city just for the sake of it being something new and different.

But the NCAA can't and shouldn't make long term decisions based on how NDSU fans will and won't travel.
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 01-14-2022 at 03:26 PM.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I'm surprised another sports agency hasn't submitted a competitive bid for this game recently. Seeing how well it went in Frisco it becomes a desirable event to host in many places. Probably not a big city like Dallas or Vegas or Orlando or Phoenix but a midsized city or suburb like Frisco. I know Chattanooga has hosted in the past but that kind of city is what I'm thinking. Montgomery or Mobile come to mind but they may be busy with their bowl games (Frisco organizing 2 bowl games and FCS Championship in a couple weeks is crazy!). Jackson, MS. Little Rock or Tulsa. The challenge for Bison fans in these places though is flights.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Jackson MS is one of the biggest shitholes I have ever traveled to, if it was there I would just keep on flying yo Ft Meyers FL and watch on TV

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Frisco, stadium is nice, Dallas is easy as hell to get to, tons of Hotels and Restaurants/Bars all in a small general area. Its really perfect this type of event. Now yes the field is shit but both teams need to play on it, no advantage to anyone. Weather yes is hit and miss but lets be real anything above 40 degress in Jan is a nice change for northern Climate teams, not hot and sweaty...

This stadium for North Texas is close to Frisco and capacity is just over 30,000. https://meangreensports.com/facilities/apogee-stadium/4

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I do think the 15ish drive to Frisco is probably the limit for most that drive down. You get into that 18+ hour drive time and it will significantly cut into the number of NDSU fans that travel to the game every year. It would still be a good showing but I don't think you get the 15-18k. Probably closer to the 10-12k imo.

I also don't think because some don't want to drive that far they would automatically fly. Packing 3-5 peeps in a car/truck and driving for 15 hours is a hell of a lot cheaper than 3-5 flights plus a rental car.

I don't mind Frisco, didn't go for the first time this year. Nothing more to see there but it's relatively easy to get to and I actually like the stadium(right size, outdoors, tailgating is right there). I do know that I would have renewed interest in going if it was in a new city just for the sake of it being something new and different.

But the NCAA can't and shouldn't make long term decisions based on how NDSU fans will and won't travel.
    Well I would kind of understand that sentimate IF we wern't there 80% of the time, with no sense that will change.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

12 years (15 by the time the current contract is up) is still time to make a change. Maybe if the stakeholders (NCAA and ESPN) actually gave a shit to promote the event I could see keeping it in the same place and making it an event. NDSU has been a blessing and done way more than their share, and Frisco has definitely responded, but the NCAA and ESPN have been fucking pathetic

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    12 years (15 by the time the current contract is up) is still time to make a change. Maybe if the stakeholders (NCAA and ESPN) actually gave a shit to promote the event I could see keeping it in the same place and making it an event. NDSU has been a blessing and done way more than their share, and Frisco has definitely responded, but the NCAA and ESPN have been fucking pathetic

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Why would the NCAA change? They're getting exactly what they want with the game where it is. How does volunteering to take the game out of Frisco suddenly make the NCAA or ESPN behave differently regarding promotion of the event?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    This stadium for North Texas is close to Frisco and capacity is just over 30,000. https://meangreensports.com/facilities/apogee-stadium/4
    Interestingly enough, North Texas played in one of the two meaningless FBS Frisco bowl games before our game. The weather was perfect, probably 80F temp, and the stadium was at least half empty....for a school like 20 miles away of some 40,000 students....thats why FBS bowls are mostly pathetic.

My only issue with Frisco is the field. Get rid of that god damn shit and put in field turf already!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    My only issue with Frisco is the field. Get rid of that god damn shit and put in field turf already!
    FC Dallas im sure has something to say about this

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It’s a soccer field natural grass will never go
    TRUST THE PROCESS