Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

Default Re: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

I laugh at all the bitching about the field. It rained and it was slippery. Pretty normal. The Towson game was bad and the only mistake they made was resodding it at a time when there was a risk it would be too cold for the grass to take root. They should have just left it. So what if the field is chewed up, it's football for crying out loud. It was played on shitty grass field for decades.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I laugh at all the bitching about the field. It rained and it was slippery. Pretty normal. The Towson game was bad and the only mistake they made was resodding it at a time when there was a risk it would be too cold for the grass to take root. They should have just left it. So what if the field is chewed up, it's football for crying out loud. It was played on shitty grass field for decades.
    Very good point. Shitty grass fields that weren't designed, engineered or built for football. Just all-natural grass surface. But like the equipment, they have improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Very good point. Shitty grass fields that weren't designed, engineered or built for football. Just all-natural grass surface. But like the equipment, they have improved.
    That grass species is designed to hold a soccer ball up for kicking. Is there any place that they play soccer on artificial turf?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    That grass species is designed to hold a soccer ball up for kicking. Is there any place that they play soccer on artificial turf?
    Dakotah Field?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Providence Park here in Portland would be a spectacular stadium for it. It is an urban stadium so tailgating would be a little more fractured but there are several small parking lots plus many bars and restaurants nearby that could be used. While it could be wet on the field, fans would stay dry and it doesn't usually get as cold here as it can get in North Texas. The stadium itself is very, very nice and probably the perfect size. I'm a member of the Multnomah Athletic Club so I could watch the game from their party deck, which is really cool.

If that place can make me like going to soccer games, it would be awesome for the FCS National Championship game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Providence_Park
    Insert something clever here...

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm surprised another sports agency hasn't submitted a competitive bid for this game recently. Seeing how well it went in Frisco it becomes a desirable event to host in many places. Probably not a big city like Dallas or Vegas or Orlando or Phoenix but a midsized city or suburb like Frisco. I know Chattanooga has hosted in the past but that kind of city is what I'm thinking. Montgomery or Mobile come to mind but they may be busy with their bowl games (Frisco organizing 2 bowl games and FCS Championship in a couple weeks is crazy!). Jackson, MS. Little Rock or Tulsa. The challenge for Bison fans in these places though is flights.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Orlando and Vegas are probably the only two places I’d enjoy less than Dallas again. Giant hollow cultureless amusement parks. But whatever. The primary attraction for me is the game anyway and anything else’s is icing on the cake.
    Yup. Good points!

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I'm surprised another sports agency hasn't submitted a competitive bid for this game recently. Seeing how well it went in Frisco it becomes a desirable event to host in many places. Probably not a big city like Dallas or Vegas or Orlando or Phoenix but a midsized city or suburb like Frisco. I know Chattanooga has hosted in the past but that kind of city is what I'm thinking. Montgomery or Mobile come to mind but they may be busy with their bowl games (Frisco organizing 2 bowl games and FCS Championship in a couple weeks is crazy!). Jackson, MS. Little Rock or Tulsa. The challenge for Bison fans in these places though is flights.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I think that central location, food, hotels. generally good weather, and flights trump a lot. Just make sure the field is squared away for goodness sake, or use any one of a bunch of other options in the area. Certainly put it up for bids as appropriate. Wonder what sort of deal Jerry World would make either in Arlington or Frisco? He has benefited from a lot of FCS talent over the years.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-13-2022 at 10:46 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Considering Fargo has direct flights to Vegas and Orlando...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Considering Fargo has direct flights to Vegas and Orlando...
    Sounds like somebody is ready for Didneeland. No real vested interest here either way. Those drives are substantially tougher and longer, and the flights are higher proportionately also. Don’t know about the rest.