Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

Default Re: Championship location- if Frisco wasnt an option

I think frisco works because it is a suburb. It keeps us reasonably close together rather than spread out across a city like Dallas.
    Yes, we spill over into other places, but it’s nice going into a place with Bison fans.
    Surely, there are other communities that fit this profile. And are warmer.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    I will have to disagree with Frisco. A FCS rotation every year from Orlando, to Vegas, to San diego where there is warmer weather 80% chance of sunshine not ND 40's or maybe 50 if your lucky in Frisco. All the info is there for another city to ask to take the game, let more fans come for more seating, and nicer weather....and better field. Frisco played 2 prior bowl games on this field in the last 2 weeks so they don't care about the FCS title game, they just want the ND Bison Nation $$$$, time to move on..... But that will take the FCS commissioner, Conference Commissioners and NDSU AD to step up and ask for a better venue, or buy out the bid in Frisco to a better location in my opinion. I heard from fans down there and it was not well run, poor support around the stadium by local policing parking, crowd control, etc...waiting in lines was terrible, then throw in the colder weather then fans would want doesn't help either. Time for a change.
    I was at the game and didn’t experience any of those things….what crowd control was needed?
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I will have to disagree with Frisco. A FCS rotation every year from Orlando, to Vegas, to San diego where there is warmer weather 80% chance of sunshine not ND 40's or maybe 50 if your lucky in Frisco. All the info is there for another city to ask to take the game, let more fans come for more seating, and nicer weather....and better field. Frisco played 2 prior bowl games on this field in the last 2 weeks so they don't care about the FCS title game, they just want the ND Bison Nation $$$$, time to move on..... But that will take the FCS commissioner, Conference Commissioners and NDSU AD to step up and ask for a better venue, or buy out the bid in Frisco to a better location in my opinion. I heard from fans down there and it was not well run, poor support around the stadium by local policing parking, crowd control, etc...waiting in lines was terrible, then throw in the colder weather then fans would want doesn't help either. Time for a change.
    If you dont like the lines then go to the stadium earlier. Many years ago I learned that lesson. Have had no issues since.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    NCAA we are dealing with here...
    Common sense a thing you got a lock on?

Not convinced.

Please submit (independently verified) supporting evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I don’t understand all the complaints about the playing field??? Both teams played on the same it didn’t cause any injuries… it’s football
    TRUST THE PROCESS

My vote would be somewhere in FL or CA or Vegas. Just more family fun things to do in those areas that I think would justify a larger venue host. I know my family would be FAR more likely to travel with me and attend the game if there was a family vacation tied in there as well, and I know I'm not the only parent who's traveled to these games without their spouse/kids.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I don’t understand all the complaints about the playing field??? Both teams played on the same it didn’t cause any injuries… it’s football
    Just ignore the playing field complaints. Those are from people who are unable to have a sexual relationship*.

* - with a human other than themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I think a lot of people are missing the tailgate part of the experience. If it were in Sand Diego or Orlando or Phoenix or even New Orleans, it's outside the range of "day" drive and by that I mean switching drivers halfway through (maybe). When it would start to become a 2 day drive plus the game that is 5 days. A lot of people can't do 5 days when two days include a weekend but not all big Bison supporters have weekends off on the regular.

As far as Phoenix goes it would probably not be at Sun Devil Field and most certainly not at the Cardinals stadium. the most likely option would be the baseball stadium downtown which already hosts a bowl game. There is not a better option in the Phoenix metro than that, in my opinion.

If I'm being impartial and not taking tailgating into the equation, then I think Orlando would be amazing. However, if I were to factor good-ass food, a warm welcome, A new cultural experience and the birth-place of Mardi Gras in the US... Mobile, AL

They do love college football down there and USA has a 25k Stadium. They got great seafood and less than an hour drive to Dauphin Island for some Gulf Coast beach action.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That looks very nice. But whats the weather like in January? A bit better then North Texas I would think right, Louisiana correct?
    Average high around 60, though if it were down in the 30s or 40s it would feel REALLY cold because the humidity.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Doesn't Iowa State have the gold standard for natural grass football fields?
    Iowa State's field has gone downhill. It really got messed up during a soggy snow game that was held in December a few years ago as a make-up for a cancelled game. That whole season sucked in terms of weather. As I understand it, they will be replacing the grass this year.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016