Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A GSU fans observation of why NDSU stays at the top of FCS! 4 main points

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A GSU fans observation of why NDSU stays at the top of FCS! 4 main points

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    NDSU also seems to give non-starters more playing time like when we sub in all of the D-line at once like a hockey line change.
    That shows how well you recruited and how well the coaches did their job. Letting a freshman or even a junior the early games sub out for the starter means brings lot in trust that they can do the job knowing that the fans of both teams are watching you and the distraction of noise. GREAT TRAINING!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Default Re: A GSU fans observation of why NDSU stays at the top of FCS! 4 main points

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's some great insight.
    Feel like some kind of infographic with population density and D1 program density could illustrate this somehow.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Believe it or not, but I have become a Georgia Southern fan.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That would remain to be seen. Since we are probably fairly competitive in the MWC or MAC with the current team even if there is only an increase in depth the Bison will still do pretty well. The question is can they improve enough to be a Boise State or UCF or Cincinnati or Houston type program. I think they very well could, but I'm also smart enough to know it's not automatic.
    NDSU would be competitive in any G5 Conference, and you would still do fine in recruiting
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    NDSU would be competitive in any G5 Conference, and you would still do fine in recruiting
    According to Sagarin at the end of this year there are only 4 G5 teams better than NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    According to Sagarin at the end of this year there are only 4 G5 teams better than NDSU.
    pfffffft, what 4?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    It's tough to say but I look at Marshall, who moved from D1-AA to the MAC and won the Conference Championship game 5 out of 6 years and got bored and moved to C-USA. Only 1 of those years was with Randy Moss. And it takes a few years for the increase in scholarships to show up on the field.

We beat a MAC school in 2006 with a mostly D2 recruited roster and beat Central Michigan a year later, 44-17. That CMU team won the MAC and eventually lost to Purdue in the Motor City Bowl by a field goal.

Our current teams are much better than the 2006-2007 versions.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Believe it or not, but I have become a Georgia Southern fan.
    In the first 2 years of G5 FBS we did fine winning the conference in our first year as a G5 FBS taking the University of Georgia (UGA) into overtime and in the 2nd year GSU won our 1st Bowl game.
    we did that with 85% FCS players. HC Fritz left after 2 years. we GSU went through 3 Head Coaches and had 2 different OCs in 6 years and GSU Stunk the G5 up. WE were using something called The Pistol Option that only used the QB Pitch read and it wasn't a true T-Option system - again we sucked!

I GUESS WHAT I"M SAYING- WATCH TO SEE IF GSU KEEPS GETTING BETTER AFTER 2 YEARS BEFORE YOU BECOME A GSU FAN. I WOULDNT WANT YOU KEEPING UP WITH A SUCKY TEAM!

PARTY ON CyPanth

TALON

Another plus related to lack of nearby FBS schools is we can attract better walk-ons in a Rudy-type scenario where their dream is to be a Bison even if they could get more playing time somewhere else with a partial scholarship. I doubt there are many kids in Ohio who dream of playing for Youngstown State over Ohio State.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Another plus related to lack of nearby FBS schools is we can attract better walk-ons in a Rudy-type scenario where their dream is to be a Bison even if they could get more playing time somewhere else with a partial scholarship. I doubt there are many kids in Ohio who dream of playing for Youngstown State over Ohio State.
    There aren't many kids in ND period though.
    College of Business Alumnus