Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A GSU fans observation of why NDSU stays at the top of FCS! 4 main points

Default Re: A GSU fans observation of why NDSU stays at the top of FCS! 4 main points

I'd take the MAC invite if it came, run that conference for a few years and hopefully get a better offer! Best part of the MAC would be staying near our recruiting base. Worst part is obviously maction, tuesday night FB........yuck

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A GSU fans observation of why NDSU stays at the top of FCS! 4 main points

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'd take the MAC invite if it came, run that conference for a few years and hopefully get a better offer! Best part of the MAC would be staying near our recruiting base. Worst part is obviously maction, tuesday night FB........yuck
    MACtion is only 3-4 games of 12. I'd be willing to bet NDSU would be the ideal team for ESPN to feature especially at home in those games. The games may not sell out but even a 10-12k crowd would be awesome for them.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    MACtion is only 3-4 games of 12. I'd be willing to bet NDSU would be the ideal team for ESPN to feature especially at home in those games. The games may not sell out but even a 10-12k crowd would be awesome for them.
    Yeah I could live with it, would be nice to get some ESPN games during the regular season. I think we'd be able to get some games scheduled with B10 and B12 teams if we were in the MAC too.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah I could live with it, would be nice to get some ESPN games during the regular season. I think we'd be able to get some games scheduled with B10 and B12 teams if we were in the MAC too.
    Definitely and possibly even host. IU and Purdue occasionally do home and home with local MAC teams. Looked at a few of the MAC teams from last year:

Kent State - at Texas A&M, at Iowa, at Maryland
    Miami - at Minnesota
    Ohio - vs Syracuse, at Northwestern
    Northern Illinois - at Georgia Tech, at Michigan
    Central Michigan - at Missouri, at LSU
    Toledo - at Notre Dame, at Colorado State

The benefit of the current MAC schools is they are fairly close with Northern Illinois and Buffalo being the outliers. But Buffalo is only 3 hours from Akron/Kent State. Ball State is within 4-5 hours of every other school. Northern Illinois to Ohio U is about 8 hours and NIU to Buffalo is 9.5 hours. NDSU is just under 9 hours from NIU. That will be the challenge.

Jim Kramer and some of the best OL prospects in the country are in the midwest!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    pfffffft, what 4?
    Louisiana(1 spot ahead)
    Houston(4 spots ahead)
    Boise State(10 spots ahead)
    Cincinnati(which will be P5 next year)

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Jim Kramer and some of the best OL prospects in the country are in the midwest!
    I think its important that North Dakota is remote. Nobody recruits here. That means we will get some kids (Wentz) that would probably end up FBS/P5 if he was from somewhere else.

Then you got the surrounding states with 1 FBS school at most. They aren't going to identify every good kid and some kids are good enough for what NDSU needs but not for what the P5 schools are trying to do.

This positions NDSU pretty well. Keep the best kids at home + identify hidden gems/P5 misfits/etc
    College of Business Alumnus

5. the playbook thread
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Another plus related to lack of nearby FBS schools is we can attract better walk-ons in a Rudy-type scenario where their dream is to be a Bison even if they could get more playing time somewhere else with a partial scholarship. I doubt there are many kids in Ohio who dream of playing for Youngstown State over Ohio State.
    I don't think you would have to place a lot of worries on walk-ons.

1. NDSU because of their coaching, offensive, defensive, talent and WINNING CONCISTANCY would still be able to recruit in the same areas you have been and for players that want a shot at a great regular season and a bowl game, NDSU would be very enticing to them outside your standard recruiting area.

2. NDSU also has the advantage of beating G5 & P5 FBS schools with FCS talent. When recruiting you can say- "If the Bison can beat FBS schools with superior coaching and FCS talent Imagin what we could do with your talent!!!"
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    In the first 2 years of G5 FBS we did fine winning the conference in our first year as a G5 FBS taking the University of Georgia (UGA) into overtime and in the 2nd year GSU won our 1st Bowl game.
    we did that with 85% FCS players. HC Fritz left after 2 years. we GSU went through 3 Head Coaches and had 2 different OCs in 6 years and GSU Stunk the G5 up. WE were using something called The Pistol Option that only used the QB Pitch read and it wasn't a true T-Option system - again we sucked!

I GUESS WHAT I"M SAYING- WATCH TO SEE IF GSU KEEPS GETTING BETTER AFTER 2 YEARS BEFORE YOU BECOME A GSU FAN. I WOULDNT WANT YOU KEEPING UP WITH A SUCKY TEAM!

PARTY ON CyPanth

TALON

Hoping to make a few games, starting with the one in Week 2 at Nebraska. I'll be missing the Iowa State/Iowa game for the second year in a row to attend a game in Lincoln. That's a big hint of why I'm now a GSU fan. But just for next year.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016