Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2022 Two-Deep

Default The 2022 Two-Deep

Or should we just say Three-or even Four Deep. The Super Seniors are going to give the Bison a ludicrous roster.

We have uber talented guys that we haven't even seen yet. We are going to have at least two first year freshman that will probably be active for every game.

The roster is so loaded it is making me dizzy just looking at it and contemplating the immense depth. I actually pity the coaches who have to decide who gets snaps and who doesn't.

I'm not even going to try to post some kind of actual projection, go ahead knock yourself out. I will, however, mention a couple of reasons why I see the dynasty continuing for a long, long time.

First of all: As much as I would like to see the Bison go FBS, we just don't really fit anywhere, I mean anywhere.

On defense, the entire secondary returns. The competition is going to be fierce. Marques Sigle,Dom Jones, Sam Jung,Julian Wlodarczyk,Tyson Gordon, and several others fighting for snaps.

Linebacker: As great as Hankey was....Wisniewski may be even better. Nick Kubitz looks great. Cox is returning. Kaczor??
    Oscar Benson looked good in a few snaps. Luke Weerts!

DL: This group will remain stellar and very deep.

I just don't see Code Green giving up many touchdowns all season next year; ya, even in Arizona. As great as Code Green was in 2021, I think they will be even more dominant in 2022.

I'm not even going to post about the offense, it's just too much. Somebody else can talk about the 2022 offense. Wow! What a team!

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The 2022 Two-Deep

Would like to know who is coming back and who is leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Would like to know who is coming back and who is leaving.
    Yup... a monster early signing day class with only 12 or so departing seniors (based on senior day participation) makes me believe that there's some roster attrition coming.

From what I recall off the top of my head the starters not returning are Watson, Babicz, Volson, Thomas, Ching, Tucker, and Hankey. Also losing Reinholz along with McCormick and Buetow on the d-line. Will be some d-line depth questions along with who fills Hankey's shoes at MLB (my hope is it's a healthy Luke Weerts).

EDIT: The d-line depth this year was just silly though. Consider they're losing the 5 d-line guys I mentioned above including 3 starters and they still project to have a starting front 4 of Spencer Waege, Javier Derritt, Eli Mostaert, and Tony Pierce. Solid DE backups as well with Will Mostaert and Shaka Roques.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 01-10-2022 at 12:02 PM.

I think Cam Miller is going to take a big step forward as he gains confidence. Get better with those deep balls and deeper routes. I sure hope QP returns as he will be a big part of the offense. Need an alpha receiver to step up and be the #1, probably Sproles. Offensive line will be deep and very good again. RBs are all back, maybe get Seth Wilson another go? Wouldnt shock if one left either. This is going to be a lethal run attack with Luepke and Tamerick and fill in the other guys who are too good to keep off the field.

Hope the Tutsie injury doesnt dissuade him from returning as there was talk he would return. Jones would step right in and be solid if that were the case. The secondary and pass defense is going to be filthy. Wouldnt mind seeing a DT transfer for depth.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 01-10-2022 at 01:29 PM.

On the McFeely Mess podcast, they noted that it is nearly impossible to enroll at another school for the spring semester for players who are in the championship game so if they were to enter the portal, they wouldn't be practicing until the fall camp.
    It's OK to not be OK.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yup... a monster early signing day class with only 12 or so departing seniors (based on senior day participation) makes me believe that there's some roster attrition coming.

From what I recall off the top of my head the starters not returning are Watson, Babicz, Volson, Thomas, Ching, Tucker, and Hankey. Also losing Reinholz along with McCormick and Buetow on the d-line. Will be some d-line depth questions along with who fills Hankey's shoes at MLB (my hope is it's a healthy Luke Weerts).

EDIT: The d-line depth this year was just silly though. Consider they're losing the 5 d-line guys I mentioned above including 3 starters and they still project to have a starting front 4 of Spencer Waege, Javier Derritt, Eli Mostaert, and Tony Pierce. Solid DE backups as well with Will Mostaert and Shaka Roques.
    DE Reed Ryan is still there too. Haven’t seen much of him but I’d have to imagine he’ll be in the mix.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Is luepke coming back? might be the only question we need to answer haha

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    DE Reed Ryan is still there too. Haven’t seen much of him but I’d have to imagine he’ll be in the mix.
    Agreed, I've had high hopes for Reed and he'll be in his 4th year with the program by next fall. I think his time is here to be a contributor even with the returning guys at DE.

Jaxon Duttenhefer is a guy at DT that I have high hopes for as being the next guy up to take advantage of the snaps that will be available at that position.

Ill give it a shot

QB- C Miller/Q Patterson
    RB- T Williams/K Johnson
    FB- H Luepke/H Brozio
    WR- P Sproles/R Nelson
    WR- Z Mathis/B Henderson
    TE- N Gindorff/J Streit (NSU Transfer)
    LT- C Mauch/J Rock
    LG- N Jensen/L LaCilento
    C- J Sundell/B Westburg
    RG- J Kubas/G Zabel
    RT- M Miller/J Rock

DE - S Waege/W Mostaert
    DT - Eli Mostaert/B Friday
    DT - J Derritt/R Ryan?
    DE - T Pierce/L Roques
    WLB - J Kaczor/C Wisniewski
    MLB - L Weerts/N Kubitz??
    SLB - J Cox/C Wisniewski
    CB - C Eubanks/M Sigle
    FS - D Weber/D Jones
    SS - M Tutsie/T Gordon
    CB - D Talbert/J Price
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 01-10-2022 at 08:12 PM.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought LaCilento was a grad transfer from San Diego? Am I wrong?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS