Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Sorry...

Sioux Still Suck

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Well, the guys behind me were yelling Sioux Suck Shit the while game.
    Yeah I heard that also.????????

When I went to the bathroom at half time there were a couple of bozos chanting that in the bathroom. So I had to ask-----You do know that we arent playing UND right? He gave me a quizzical look. I said Yes UND does suck. There is no dispute. But they arent playing today so WHY would you even recognize them at our National Championship game????? Deer in the head lights look and he leaves.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Thought this was a good article. Having a backup with as much experience as Rovig and with his perseverance is uncommon. I respect him for this.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-...3ac15f20e.html
    Rovig is a gamer. Did pretty good for a 3rd teamer.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Hats off to Quincy Patterson. They knew he was running the ball when he was in and he still scorched them for almost 100 yards

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Perhaps by how fast we got on them but Bison got on Jackoff St pretty fast also. By score we also beat Towson St by 28, so I dunno.
    We "only" led 24-0 at halftime vs. Jacksonville State. https://gobison.com/sports/football/.../boxscore/7326
    It's OK to not be OK.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Re-watched the game last night after getting home. The announcers loved calling Mellott a true freshman even though he graduated in 2020 (since MSU did not play in 2020-2021 I guess he is a true freshman from an eligibility standpoint but this is his second year in the program).

Also noticed that almost all of Troy Anderson's tackles were 7+ yards down the field. He made a fair amount of tackles, but did not make any plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I don't hear it much in the Dome but have heard it every time I've been to Frisco (5). My assumption is that these are alumni who don't live in ND/SD/MN and get to games regularly, but make it to Frisco and are still doing the chants they did in college.
    The guy behind me didn't say it when he was in college unless he was accepted when he was less than 10.

I dont often hear it at the dome, but there was a group earlier this year. I would say the common theme is someone was overserved.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I have never understood chanting anything about anybody who isn't there. I also was a hotel with a lot of kitty fans and they spend a considerable amount of money on griz sucks gear. Also makes no sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Same. Way to give relevance to a program that is irrelevant.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Same. Way to give relevance to a program that is irrelevant.
    I remember saying it at almost every further and basketball game I attended in the early 90s even if we weren't playing UND.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It’s a soccer pitch. It’s designed to do play exactly like it did when wet. That’s what you want for the ball to run fast and true. They water soccer pitches before games and at the half for exactly this purpose. AM rain was not ideal for gridiron football, but the field was in good shape, held up well and was not dangerous or the cause of either of the major injuries.
    I think the consensus among media, and I agree, when you look at the replay Mellott was making a football move cutting on his right foot which slipped awkwardly and then he got hit with it planted. I don’t agree that it wasn’t a cause, his foot obviously slipped. And between the hashes was a mix of mud mixed with grass after three games in 2.5 weeks. No one could make a reliable cut that’s why Bison ran so much A gap with some B gap run plays.