Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Murray State coming to the MVFC??

Default Re: Murray State coming to the MVFC??

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    According to the Knight Commission, we spend $6M on football while the FCS median is $4M. So only a couple million difference, but still 50% higher than median.

You are correct the problem is lack of commitment by the other FCS schools to non-basketball sports.
    You buried the lead. We spend 50% more than than the median. That is a massive number.

more pud entering.... just grrreeeeatttt.

It's Jan 19 if after this next week's NCAA conference meetings everything is status quo, then I'm gonna freakin BARF.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You buried the lead. We spend 50% more than than the median. That is a massive number.
    and whats more, is that our boosters give more than MOST G5 schools, we have larger ticket sales than MOST G5 schools, we give COA for all sports, and we just fundraised $50m for a Football building.

the $6m Number is vastly misleading. Its more. far, far more. It is clear beyond a shadow of a doubt that the FCS is not a subdivision of our peers. Conferences like MWC, AAC and Sunbelt are far more similar to NDSU, and its not close. I'm not suggesting we can waive a magic wand and join them, I understand that, But lets not pretend that because we CANT join them, that the FCS is inherently remarkable, when NDSU is the ooooonly remarkable thing in FCS.

I feel like I'm living in Bizzarro world right now. I was banned, literally kicked off the platform for 2 weeks for saying exactly what you and everyone else is saying right now. Trying to figure out the mental gymnastics required for this conversation to be inappropriate 2 weeks ago, but totally cool on 1/19.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I can switch my sentence around if it’ll make you feel better

It is a massive number, I’d guess that if you actually dug into it it’s actually more too. Lots of intangible, overlap costs makes it tough to categorize for each individual sport.

Coincidentally I bet the ratio is actually much higher for the Bama’s, Texas, Oregon, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

[QUOTE
    I feel like I'm living in Bizzarro world right now. I was banned, literally kicked off the platform for 2 weeks for saying exactly what you and everyone else is saying right now. Trying to figure out the mental gymnastics required for this conversation to be inappropriate 2 weeks ago, but totally cool on 1/19.[/QUOTE]

What a time to be alive. It's amazing at how many recent "conspiracy theories" were now clearly spot on.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    more pud entering.... just grrreeeeatttt.

It's Jan 19 if after this next week's NCAA conference meetings everything is status quo, then I'm gonna freakin BARF.
    What exactly would you expect to change and why?

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    and whats more, is that our boosters give more than MOST G5 schools, we have larger ticket sales than MOST G5 schools, we give COA for all sports, and we just fundraised $50m for a Football building.

the $6m Number is vastly misleading. Its more. far, far more. It is clear beyond a shadow of a doubt that the FCS is not a subdivision of our peers. Conferences like MWC, AAC and Sunbelt are far more similar to NDSU, and its not close. I'm not suggesting we can waive a magic wand and join them, I understand that, But lets not pretend that because we CANT join them, that the FCS is inherently remarkable, when NDSU is the ooooonly remarkable thing in FCS.

I feel like I'm living in Bizzarro world right now. I was banned, literally kicked off the platform for 2 weeks for saying exactly what you and everyone else is saying right now. Trying to figure out the mental gymnastics required for this conversation to be inappropriate 2 weeks ago, but totally cool on 1/19.
    Ding. Ding. Ding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Same to you with thinking Murray is going to be a mid pack MVFC team. They won't.
    8Pete is the guy saying Murray is going to suuuuuuuuuck. BigHorn is the one saying Murray will be .500 in short order
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS