Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Murray State coming to the MVFC??

Default Re: Murray State coming to the MVFC??

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    So we are repeating D2 all over again. Ugh!

How long until Full cost of attendance is banned and scholarships are lowered?
    That's exactly right. Can't let the FCS Forever! crowd get away with it though. We'll be merged with the NSIC soon at this rate.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Murray State? Do they run the option?

Is this a tackle football club? They should probably be FBS.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Fbs now pls.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Murray St was 6-5 in OVC, but ... two of those were FBS losses to Cincinnati and Bowling Green, so they are closer to 6-3

They will probably struggle for a bit in MVFC, but I'm not sure they are worse than YSU, UND or even Arizona.
    Give them a few years and they could be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    So we are repeating D2 all over again. Ugh!

How long until Full cost of attendance is banned and scholarships are lowered?
    If people don't believe there's a real chance of this happening they're asleep at the wheel. How long do you think the rest of the division is going to let NDSU win virtually every championship? How long will they allow just 2-4 teams have a legit shot? I mean we have conf commissioners clamoring for expanding an already watered down playoffs because "it's not fair their teams are left out".

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Murray State

Pros
    Good national name in Basketball
    For outsiders unfamiliar with the Missouri Valley, it's a recognizable name

Although their community is a college town and less than 40k, good sized population within a 50-100 mile radius

Cons
    They suck at football

They have a track around their football field and they apparently think it's cool as can be. The stadium isn't enclosed, it's like Youngstown but without the short side of the field. However... they did release a master plan on facilities

TV exposure is limited to ESPN3 and ESPN plus

General info
    In 2019, they drew 43,402 for 6 home games. That's like 7,233 per game but that was their best attendance in decades. Not terrible for the FCS if they can improve on it

Recruiting
    It's 1,000 miles away but we don't really recruit that area but might give us a little exposure to a new part of the country. Little or no benefit

In conclusion
    Not opposed or supportive. It would be like adding Indiana State in football

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't even know Murray was a state until now.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Murray State

Pros
    Good national name in Basketball
    For outsiders unfamiliar with the Missouri Valley, it's a recognizable name

Although their community is a college town and less than 40k, good sized population within a 50-100 mile radius

Cons
    They suck at football

They have a track around their football field and they apparently think it's cool as can be. The stadium isn't enclosed, it's like Youngstown but without the short side of the field. However... they did release a master plan on facilities

TV exposure is limited to ESPN3 and ESPN plus

General info
    In 2019, they drew 43,402 for 6 home games. That's like 7,233 per game but that was their best attendance in decades. Not terrible for the FCS if they can improve on it

Recruiting
    It's 1,000 miles away but we don't really recruit that area but might give us a little exposure to a new part of the country. Little or no benefit

In conclusion
    Not opposed or supportive. It would be like adding Indiana State in football
    They have a track but Racer 1, a thoroughbred horse runs around that track after each score. So there’s that
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

When we go fbs me and lakes going to throw a huge party.

In the old folks home.

Because it will be 2062.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    They have a track but Racer 1, a thoroughbred horse runs around that track after each score. So there’s that
    I'm PRO for this reason alone... Not that we will get to see it as Bison fans.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.