Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC News

Default Re: MVFC News

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    MTSU fans say the MAC wanted a 15 year GoR as a condition of joining.
    That's insane. No wonder they walked away from the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Fair enough, though I don't think Boise St or a BYU caliber school will be eager to play at Fargo either. The only guaranteed games are those in the conference we join.

It's fun for us, but I don't think our opponents enjoy playing at Fargo, even in FCS. They just don't get a choice in the playoffs.
    Do some FCS teams want to play NDSU? Probably yes if outside Fargo, but many would be happy to not see us in their bracket at all.

Honest question : would you and Chapo be happy if we joined the MAC and had to play primarily those schools for the next 15 years?
    MTSU fans say the MAC wanted a 15 year GoR as a condition of joining.

I'm not against the MAC, but do think we might regret that if in the next 6-12 months an MWC opening came along.
    I'd be happy joining any FBS conference. Some would make me happier than others, but ALL of them make me happier than being in FCS's best conference. Also, I simply don't believe the MWC will invite an FCS school. Or at least, they will avoid it at almost all costs. Craig Thompson has practically said this out loud. We need to be FBS if we are going to get a MWC or AAC invite.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I'd be happy joining any FBS conference. Some would make me happier than others, but ALL of them make me happier than being in FCS's best conference. Also, I simply don't believe the MWC will invite an FCS school. Or at least, they will avoid it at almost all costs. Craig Thompson has practically said this out loud. We need to be FBS if we are going to get a MWC or AAC invite.
    exactly BUM. we've been waiting 10 years, we can't afford to wait 2 more years, lets alone more to be honest.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've seen people saying we could be the next Boise St. That's a worthy goal and if we do that I think we can at best expect a similar OOC schedule. Boise St usually gets one P5 at home a year, often one from their backyard. If they can only get 1 and sometimes 0, why would anyone think we'd get 2 each year?

As for the rumor of a 15 year GOR for the MAC, it actually makes sense for them. They're a conference that values long term stability and culture fit over chasing the latest fad. After their terrible attempts at expansion in the 2000s they probably decided they don't want to be a stepping stone. If they offered that deal to the xDSU pair I'd be in favor of taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I've seen people saying we could be the next Boise St. That's a worthy goal and if we do that I think we can at best expect a similar OOC schedule. Boise St usually gets one P5 at home a year, often one from their backyard. If they can only get 1 and sometimes 0, why would anyone think we'd get 2 each year?

As for the rumor of a 15 year GOR for the MAC, it actually makes sense for them. They're a conference that values long term stability and culture fit over chasing the latest fad. After their terrible attempts at expansion in the 2000s they probably decided they don't want to be a stepping stone. If they offered that deal to the xDSU pair I'd be in favor of taking it.
    I would be 100% in favor that as well--and to committing to them long term is that's what it took. I'm okay with NDSU trying to become the perennial powerhouse in the MAC. At that point, we wouldn't need to switch to the MWC. I'm leery of all the California influence in the MWC anyway. I think we'd get national attention and respect if we are the powerhouse in any conference, but certainly so in the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    It's always wait with you.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^ The only answer some know

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Why do people think we are shoe-in to Mountain West....We don't share a border with any of the current schools and Laramie is the closest school about 800 miles away. North Dakota doesn't have the population base that those schools wants to recruit students from.

If the MW was to lose Boise State and San Diego State wouldn't they still want to go after more California Schools or Texas schools before us.

People that think we are going directly into MW from FCS are delusional.

We need follow the same path we did when we moved up for FCS - just get in a conference and figure the rest out afterwards. We are going no-where if we stay in the Summit/MVFC except down the drain.

This year for example at Indiana State, at Western Ill and Southern Ill. Will there be 10K combined attendance at those 3 games this year? Is that 2nd tier football...

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I would be 100% in favor that as well--and to committing to them long term is that's what it took. I'm okay with NDSU trying to become the perennial powerhouse in the MAC. At that point, we wouldn't need to switch to the MWC. I'm leery of all the California influence in the MWC anyway. I think we'd get national attention and respect if we are the powerhouse in any conference, but certainly so in the MAC.
    We already get more national attention and respect than any current MAC program. Have you looked at their attendance numbers? Not much better than the Valley. How many people are going to be at the dome on Tuesday (or whatever night of the week they play) night for a game against Kent State? The majority of the Bowl games MAC teams played in last year were less than 15,000 in attendance…That said, take the Jacks with us and I’m in. Just don’t tell me we’re going big time!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Why do people think we are shoe-in to Mountain West....We don't share a border with any of the current schools and Laramie is the closest school about 800 miles away. North Dakota doesn't have the population base that those schools wants to recruit students from.

If the MW was to lose Boise State and San Diego State wouldn't they still want to go after more California Schools or Texas schools before us.

People that think we are going directly into MW from FCS are delusional.

We need follow the same path we did when we moved up for FCS - just get in a conference and figure the rest out afterwards. We are going no-where if we stay in the Summit/MVFC except down the drain.

This year for example at Indiana State, at Western Ill and Southern Ill. Will there be 10K combined attendance at those 3 games this year? Is that 2nd tier football...
    Hawaii offers nothing to the MWC but a School and high travel

ND/Fargo offers way more than Laramie/WY as it does open up MN to recruiting in a way, as it at least puts schools playing in the area, Colorado St and Wyo have been trying to recruit MN and with NDSU coaches moving around in the West they know where players are and how many MN produces.

Nothing Delusional this day in age in the scope of College athletics

now I agree there may need to be another path to the ultimate goal, but to say its completely out of the realm is a bit over the top also. I still think FBS in 5 years is gone as we know it, and it would have to be EPIC imo for NDSU to be invited into the MWC out of the chute
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    We already get more national attention and respect than any current MAC program. Have you looked at their attendance numbers? Not much better than the Valley. How many people are going to be at the dome on Tuesday (or whatever night of the week they play) night for a game against Kent State? The majority of the Bowl games MAC teams played in last year were less than 15,000 in attendance…That said, take the Jacks with us and I’m in. Just don’t tell me we’re going big time!
    I didn't say the MAC is the big time. But it is bigger than what we're doing now. And if we obliterate the other teams and go undefeated, we absolutely get a great bowl. If we do that 2-3 years in a row, we get a NY6 bowl.