Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC News

Default Re: MVFC News

Not a big fan of that East/West split. The East would be much weaker than the West.

West
    1 NDSU - Playoffs
    2 SDSU - Playoffs
    3 UND
    4 USD - Playoffs
    5 UNI - Playoffs
    6 Missouri St - Playoffs

East
    1 Youngstown St
    2 WIU
    3 Indiana st
    4 Murray St
    5 Illinois St
    6 Southern Illinois - Playoffs

Yep. That seems like a very equitable distribution based on competitiveness.

If the conference got this big I would be fine with cutting it down to two protected rivals per school and the rest of the games based on a rotation. Oh, and throw out the East schools not traveling West like they do now.

NDSU - UND & SDSU
    UND - NDSU & USD
    SDSU - USD & NDSU
    USD - SDSU & UND

I'm assuming UNI would want SIU & either ISUr or MSU. The rest of them I don't really care, they can pick who they want as a protected rival.

Maybe expand the set rivals to 3 so the Dakotas annually play each other but that is as far as I would go. The conference would need some parity and balance in the scheduling and all the best teams are in the West. Something would have to give.

ETA: So it sounds like there will be no division, the Dakotas all play each other annually, and E-W limit on trips has been lifted and there will be a rotating schedule. That will work.
    Last edited by Yote 53; 01-07-2022 at 07:17 PM.

It's April 1 but I don't think this is a joke.

https://twitter.com/Reddit_FCS/statu...JmqxvjyBEZsmVA

Huge amount of discontent behind the scenes when Murray State was expected to just be written in to the MVFC as well. And not just from the Summit/MVC factions of the MVFC!

SIU and Missouri State both appeared to have been frustrated on the football front despite being ok with the MVC for other sports. Mainly around a perceived encroachment into the region south of St Louis. Allegedly a certain motorcycle enthusiast said, as was given to us as a direct quote, that it's “bad enough SEMO is sitting there, why should I compete with my own conference for recruits?”

Summit schools, with the Dakota schools in particular being the louder voices on the matter, are upset about the travel implications. This was sort of speculated on, but was good to get confirmation. Allegedly (again, going to be careful with this and not name names or anything) one of the Dakota ADs didn’t “buy” that Murray State should get a free entry in. Went as far as to say that Murray State is “too deep in the middle of nowhere” to be a viable member of the MVFC as it currently exists.

The whole thing is shaking the MVFC pretty significantly, and longtime Commissioner Patty Viverito has even mentioned to people that she's considering walking away from the MFVC to focus just on the Pioneer Football League (which she's the Commissioner of as well, for those that didn't know)

That seeming threat seems predicated on the MVC and Summit potentially splitting. Which is seeming more imminent by the moment. Which leads to big implications...

The first is with the Summit League. It appears the Summit is actively soliciting Northern Colorado to jump ship from the Big Sky, in hopes of having a 7 team football conference out the gate if they do split. It's assumed St. Thomas would add scholarships and join as a football member in that situation.

Likewise, the MVC has been back channel discussing how to hold YSU and try and pull in Robert Morris, with maybe the mild surprise being that they’re eying Duquesne.

MAYBE BIGGEST NEWS: the MVC is also actively discussing bringing on another school school without football currently. Which will blow everyone's mind: Chicago State!!!

The whole "Chicago State" bit screams, "Fooled ya!" though.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The whole "Chicago State" bit screams, "Fooled ya!" though.
    I know but I swear Dom and Jeff actually mentioned something similar weeks ago.

But probably is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I know but I swear Dom and Jeff actually mentioned something similar weeks ago.

But probably is a joke.
    There were rumors that the MVC was interested in Chicago St since they seemed so obsessed with getting into metros and they lost Loyola Chicago.

But that is an April Fool's joke if you check the comments on the last post of the thread. I agree that it's not that outlandish... IMO the MVC schools looking to Robert Morris and Duquesne was pretty out there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    There were rumors that the MVC was interested in Chicago St since they seemed so obsessed with getting into metros and they lost Loyola Chicago.

But that is an April Fool's joke if you check the comments on the last post of the thread. I agree that it's not that outlandish... IMO the MVC schools looking to Robert Morris and Duquesne was pretty out there as well.
    That's my problem with this "joke" is they basically took a bunch of rumors and put them all together.

It's a joke that as you read it isn't actually far fetched and many others have talked about.

I had decided this morning not to bother reading and news or posts because I hate weeding through the B's of such super clever April fool's jokes [emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    That's my problem with this "joke" is they basically took a bunch of rumors and put them all together.
    If you added something like, "Start with something plausible and work your way out into crazy land from there", you'd pretty much describe how social media radicalizes people.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    If you added something like, "Start with something plausible and work your way out in crazy land from there", you'd pretty much explain 99% of what I see from formerly rational people.
    I guess I'm old school and April Fool's jokes to me seemingly come from out of nowhere and are just believable enough for you to question things.

This is just a lazy attempt by taking fairly long standing rumors and talking points and making it sound like it all happened today.

Oh well, just another notch in the I'm now a crabby old man belt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

this is all REDDIT talk with ZERO sources, but THIS WOULD BE DEATH for NDSU FOOTBALL.

"Appears the Summit is actively soliciting Northern Colorado to jump ship from the Big Sky, in hopes of having a 7 team football conference out the gate" (it's assumed St. Thomas would add scholarships and join as a football member)

Summit League Football��
    SDSU
    usd
    ndsu
    und
    St. Thomas
    Western Illinois
    Northern Colorado
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this is all REDDIT talk with ZERO sources, but THIS WOULD BE DEATH for NDSU FOOTBALL.

"Appears the Summit is actively soliciting Northern Colorado to jump ship from the Big Sky, in hopes of having a 7 team football conference out the gate" (it's assumed St. Thomas would add scholarships and join as a football member)

Summit League Football��
    SDSU
    usd
    ndsu
    und
    St. Thomas
    Western Illinois
    Northern Colorado
    I love it Omaha and umkc would start football
    Let’s gooo
    TRUST THE PROCESS