Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC News

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: MVFC News

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I didn't say the MAC is the big time. But it is bigger than what we're doing now. And if we obliterate the other teams and go undefeated, we absolutely get a great bowl. If we do that 2-3 years in a row, we get a NY6 bowl.

Competition wise it is a bit better than a lateral move. We have only gone Undefeated 3 times in FCS. I can think of one MAC team in the last ten years that made a NY6 bowl. I don’t see any teams in the current MAC that would excite me as much as playing SDSU. The conference is full of Youngstown States! Then, there is the weeknight games. I’m not driving over from Bismarck on a Wednesday to see us play Kent St. or Toledo. We need to take the Jacks with us for me to get behind this move.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Competition wise it is a bit better than a lateral move. We have only gone Undefeated 3 times in FCS. I can think of one MAC team in the last ten years that made a NY6 bowl. I don’t see any teams in the current MAC that would excite me as much as playing SDSU. The conference is full of Youngstown States! Then, there is the weeknight games. I’m not driving over from Bismarck on a Wednesday to see us play Kent St. or Toledo. We need to take the Jacks with us for me to get behind this move.
    My son will be a freshman at Western Michigan this Fall so I expect to see an occasional MAC game. The stadium is in a bowl and looks like it could be a fun environment. Talking with friends who have worked both the MVFC and MAC have said there is definitely a step up in competition overall. Less of a step for a team like NDSU and no doubt they would compete for championships. But the skill players overall are definitely better. Attendance/atmosphere on the other hand not so much. And WMU only has one mid-week home game. I think that's pretty standard. And they are hosting Pitt and playing at Michigan State this year. Last year they played at Michigan and Pitt and hosted San Jose State. 2019 they played at Michigan State and Syracuse. Going forward they travel to Syracuse, Iowa, and Mississippi State in 2023; Wisconsin, Marshall, and Ohio State in 2024; at Michigan State and Illinois and host Marshall in 2025. Those are definitely better non-conference but they don't host many of them. Their other home game appears to often be an FCS team (New Hampshire, St. Francis, Stony Brook).

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the 2023 and 2024 MVFC conference schedule (with Murray St included) is out: https://valley-football.org/document...24.pdf?id=2159

NDSU will miss Illinois St, Indiana St, and Youngstown St during that 2 year cycle. That may sound like a pretty tough draw until you see who SDSU misses (Indiana St, Murray St, and WIU). Indiana St gets the relative cake walk missing NDSU, SDSU, and Missouri St.

About the only thing I can complain about with NDSU's schedule is the premium home games are really overloaded towards the 2024 schedule with UNI, UND, and SDSU all at home that year. The conference home slate next year is very "bleh" (USD, WIU, Murray St, SIU) although the non-con home games (Maine and Central Arkansas) aren't bad.

Who’s genius idea was putting those three on the same home/away rotation?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet but the 2023 and 2024 MVFC conference schedule (with Murray St included) is out: https://valley-football.org/document...24.pdf?id=2159

NDSU will miss Illinois St, Indiana St, and Youngstown St during that 2 year cycle. That may sound like a pretty tough draw until you see who SDSU misses (Indiana St, Murray St, and WIU). Indiana St gets the relative cake walk missing NDSU, SDSU, and Missouri St.

About the only thing I can complain about with NDSU's schedule is the premium home games are really overloaded towards the 2024 schedule with UNI, UND, and SDSU all at home that year. The conference home slate next year is very "bleh" (USD, WIU, Murray St, SIU) although the non-con home games (Maine and Central Arkansas) aren't bad.
    Eastern Washington (at US Bank Stadium), Maine and Central Arkansas to open the year next fall is so-so.

Our home conference schedule is putrid. Think I will put those tickets on sale now and see if I can get half my money back. (we'll see how this ages... maybe all 4 of those teams have a good season this year and bring back a bunch of talent next year)
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    My son will be a freshman at Western Michigan this Fall so I expect to see an occasional MAC game. The stadium is in a bowl and looks like it could be a fun environment. Talking with friends who have worked both the MVFC and MAC have said there is definitely a step up in competition overall. Less of a step for a team like NDSU and no doubt they would compete for championships. But the skill players overall are definitely better. Attendance/atmosphere on the other hand not so much. And WMU only has one mid-week home game. I think that's pretty standard. And they are hosting Pitt and playing at Michigan State this year. Last year they played at Michigan and Pitt and hosted San Jose State. 2019 they played at Michigan State and Syracuse. Going forward they travel to Syracuse, Iowa, and Mississippi State in 2023; Wisconsin, Marshall, and Ohio State in 2024; at Michigan State and Illinois and host Marshall in 2025. Those are definitely better non-conference but they don't host many of them. Their other home game appears to often be an FCS team (New Hampshire, St. Francis, Stony Brook).
    Look at Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan. 4 Saturday home games is typical, but it depends. If your team sucks, ESPN won't be as eager to feature them on a weeknight.

EMU has 4 home Saturday games : Toledo, UMass, NIU and Buffalo
    CMU has 4 home Saturday games : Bucknell, South Alabama, Ball State, Bowling Green.

I'm not sure this is light years better than our MVFC schedule, but its not bad, and there are some Wednesday ESPN games.

Just as NDSU will have a veteran OLine next season with the return of two Super Senior starters, so will the Jackrabbits. Garret Greenfield and Mason McCormick both announced that they are returning next year.

Youngstown writer & fans wondering about jumping from MVFC

https://ysupenguins.com/forum/index....c,20156.0.html

They could dominate OVC & goto playoffs guaranteed every year & save travel costs.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

They could dominate OVC & goto playoffs guaranteed every year & save travel costs.
    I thought we're leaving for the FBS so why do we care about YSU?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

That would be jumping down. They can see the writing on the wall. The 4 Dakota schools are rising and they are falling. They haven't beat us in a decade, even with Bo Pelini

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com