Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC News

Default Re: MVFC News

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Patty V was a drip on her media day Q & A just now. couldn't watch her or Matt Entz on ESPN+ but 1660am

we need to get out of this clown ass league.

someone asked if ndsu winning every year is good for fcs?

Patty said "anytime you win a title is good and I'll leave it at that".

like wtf.
    Patty is clearly banking on the hope that the P2 leaves and the MVFC jumps up to the second level with G5 and P5 dregs. As great as that sounds, caution is in order. There is no indication that this will actually happen, and if it does it will be 10 years or more away.

So this begs the question that likely divides the fanbase: is it better to strive to jump now alone or sit tight and hope …

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Patty is clearly banking on the hope that the P2 leaves and the MVFC jumps up to the second level with G5 and P5 dregs. As great as that sounds, caution is in order. There is no indication that this will actually happen, and if it does it will be 10 years or more away.

So this begs the question that likely divides the fanbase: is it better to strive to jump now alone or sit tight and hope …
    Can't wait that decision until we see where the SEC, B1G, B12 and Pac end up.

Then the shuffling really begins amongst the G5 conferences. Some form of the MWC after they get pillaged? a MVFC/BIG Sky G5 conference?

Who the hell knows.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

She is hoping but the reality is the G5 will never have their own Championship game. They will chase Bowls like they do now. Its insane. So lets say Boise makes a bigger Bowl. Are they going to turn down a G5 playoff? So the champion wont be a true Champion

And if the MVFC "moves up", are we going to be more excited to play FBS Indiana State?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    She is hoping but the reality is the G5 will never have their own Championship game. They will chase Bowls like they do now. Its insane. So lets say Boise makes a bigger Bowl. Are they going to turn down a G5 playoff? So the champion wont be a true Champion

And if the MVFC "moves up", are we going to be more excited to play FBS Indiana State?
    If move-up-now people really have an issue with the quality of the MVFC they’re not going to be happy wherever we land in the G5 either. The football is simply not that much better than our current conference, it is a lot better than our current sub-division though. So the non conference/playoff(bowl) opponent quality would go way up.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If move-up-now people really have an issue with the quality of the MVFC they’re not going to be happy wherever we land in the G5 either. The football is simply not that much better than our current conference, it is a lot better than our current sub-division though. So the non conference/playoff(bowl) opponent quality would go way up.
    That is mostly the point in the near future imo. Out of conference and possible bowl opponents. That has to be better than drake, Towson, Albany, etc

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Can't wait that decision until we see where the SEC, B1G, B12 and Pac end up.

Then the shuffling really begins amongst the G5 conferences. Some form of the MWC after they get pillaged? a MVFC/BIG Sky G5 conference?

Who the hell knows.
    It's always wait with you.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I actually disagree...at least as far as I'm concerned. If we landed in the worst FBS conference--i.e. CUSA--I'd find playing WKU, Liberty, UTEP, and MTSU more interesting than everyone in our conference. And I'd even find playing JSU and SHSU more interesting than everyone in our conference except SDSU and UNI.

And the out of conference games would be FAR more interesting than Drake and NC A&M.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I actually disagree...at least as far as I'm concerned. If we landed in the worst FBS conference--i.e. CUSA--I'd find playing WKU, Liberty, UTEP, and MTSU more interesting than everyone in our conference. And I'd even find playing JSU and SHSU more interesting than everyone in our conference except SDSU and UNI.

And the out of conference games would be FAR more interesting than Drake and NC A&M.
    Yea I don't understand these fcs forever types that say. oh no not cusa or Mac or sun belt!!

you're playing much better teams, seeing better athletes and your OOC would be fantastic!!!

P5 P5 G5 at home and throw in a SDSU or UNI for a fcs game? let's gooo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yea I don't understand these fcs forever types that say. oh no not cusa or Mac or sun belt!!

you're playing much better teams, seeing better athletes and your OOC would be fantastic!!!

P5 P5 G5 at home and throw in a SDSU or UNI for a fcs game? let's gooo
    And who are these established G5’s who are going to travel to Fargo
    for a non-conference game??? They could be doing it right now, right?

And who are the established G5’s who might schedule home/home with NDSU???
    Couldn’t they be doing it right now???

And who are these two FBS who are going to schedule the Bison
    once they have FBS membership??? They could be doing it right now,
    for 1/2 the cost……

I’m always interested in seeing articles on this, from substantive sources.
    Show where all NDSU needs is CUSA or independent membership in FBS and these teams would be willing to schedule NDSU.

Patty is 70? It might be time ...

“As things unfold nationally, I think we have to have a game plan in place for how we will fit into whatever landscape develops.

“To me, the key to success across the entire division is that we maintain our ties to the highest level of Division I football. And that’s for the good of the game.”
    https://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-s...ate-landscape/