Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Start Paying Attention to Flight Cancellations

Default Re: Start Paying Attention to Flight Cancellations

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    This is why I drive. 12 hour drive from Sioux Falls area is cake compared to all the potential flight issues and hassle in airports. Even if on time, drive to airport parking, check in, secuity, boarding, flight time, possible connecting flight, arrival, baggage, rental car and drive to hotel you are likely into 8 plus hours. Driving is a little longer, but I control the decisions about travel.
    You and I agree on nothing but this is exactly my feeling. I flew a couple of times and the last time I was hungover as shit trying to get my rental car back and on my flight on time.

I have a fun road trip planned. Going to take a couple of days to get there and stop in Nashville and/or Memphis.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, TSCF may be driving this time.....we already booked some free hotels at Nebraska City; currently on hold with British Airways to see if they can rebook my AA flight home.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, TSCF may be driving this time.....we already booked some free hotels at Nebraska City; currently on hold with British Airways to see if they can rebook my AA flight home.
    Why wouldn't you just drive one full day from Sioux falls? Nebraska city is like 3 hours?

Or are you not in Sioux Falls anymore?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Why wouldn't you just drive one full day from Sioux falls? Nebraska city is like 3 hours?

Or are you not in Sioux Falls anymore?

He might be doing what I do. Work a full day and then get a start to shorten the next days drive. I start Wed night and stay at my daughter's place in Omaha. Then the next day is just 8 hours of driving.

He might be doing what I do. Work a full day and then get a start to shorten the next days drive. I start Wed night and stay at my daughter's place in Omaha. Then the next day is just 8 hours of driving.
    Pretty much what we do. We will take off tomorrow around 4-5pm. Get to Roger AR 11 hours later. Check in hotel---sleep. Get up check out of hotel. Meet brother in law and mother in law for dinner. Leave and get to Dallas 5 hours later.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The benefit of living about 5 miles from the stadium
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

holy crap...that is almost 650 miles unless the Omaha stop is not really Omaha. In reality, it would take 90+ mph on the road to account for a total of 45 minutes of stopped time along the way to do that stretch in ~8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    The benefit of living about 5 miles from the stadium
    Is?

You know all the servers at Twin Peaks by nickname?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    holy crap...that is almost 650 miles unless the Omaha stop is not really Omaha. In reality, it would take 90+ mph on the road to account for a total of 45 minutes of stopped time along the way to do that stretch in ~8 hours.
    Probably he drives that bison charger of his! [emoji16]

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Probably he drives that bison charger of his! [emoji16]

Nope, his travel mate is requiring him to drive 4x4 truck.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.