Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Start Paying Attention to Flight Cancellations

Default Start Paying Attention to Flight Cancellations

This is getting ugly. You may need to start planning a backup plan if flying and determined to go. I'm in a tough spot as my flight to Dallas is not until 3PM on Friday........

Default Re: Start Paying Attention to Flight Cancellations

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    This is getting ugly. You may need to start planning a backup plan if flying and determined to go. I'm in a tough spot as my flight to Dallas is not until 3PM on Friday........
    Oof. Looks like this backup is out ... https://netjets.com/en-us/private-jet-card-program

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My parents' flight on American to Phoenix today was cancelled as well as the next 3 days in this route. All American flights today out of Fargo were cancelled as well including 2 to Dallas. Good luck later in the week.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Dude we boarded our plane a full hour after it was supposed to leave minot Christmas eve. They made us wait until 20 people volunteered to not get on the plane because they sent a smaller one then what they booked for. We heard the lady at the baggage check say everyone is all pre checked they're going to be pissed. It was all family's. Crazy. They offered 1500 cash, a bus ride to Fargo, a flight out of Fargo, and a guarantee of a return flight to minot. Plane on the way home wasn't full.

Lardsin must go!

Horseback.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

This is why I drive. 12 hour drive from Sioux Falls area is cake compared to all the potential flight issues and hassle in airports. Even if on time, drive to airport parking, check in, secuity, boarding, flight time, possible connecting flight, arrival, baggage, rental car and drive to hotel you are likely into 8 plus hours. Driving is a little longer, but I control the decisions about travel.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Horseback.
    Tsa don't check shit when you got kids bro

Lardsin must go!

I like clockwork, just found out my flight home was cancelled already. Glad they did it early so I can make other plans.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    This is why I drive. 12 hour drive from Sioux Falls area is cake compared to all the potential flight issues and hassle in airports. Even if on time, drive to airport parking, check in, secuity, boarding, flight time, possible connecting flight, arrival, baggage, rental car and drive to hotel you are likely into 8 plus hours. Driving is a little longer, but I control the decisions about travel.
    This is our backup plan. A lot of good points, the only advantage of air is you don't have driving fatigue or need to switch drivers. Could do without some of the other hassles.

This situation sucks. One good thing is the peak holiday travel should have wound down by then reducing demand. I'm coming from a location where at least I'm not as worried about winter weather. We'll see what happens.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!