Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: CFPlayoffs 2021

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: CFPlayoffs 2021

I can see NDSU going to a good Bowl Game or even making the top 10 as a G5 FBS team and playing a P5 team!
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 01-13-2022 at 10:19 PM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Did he say they would have gotten a spot over Cinci? I can't find that part.

Do you know what in the mix means?

Now you're just purposely being obtuse to try to prove a point you missed on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    He said they would have been in the mix because the G5 will have an automatic bid. Which is absolutely wasn't going to a MWC team.

In the mix to me would mean within a spot or two. If SDSU would have won the MWC championship game, having one loss on the year, they still wouldn't have cracked the top 15. Outside of that, I wouldn't consider in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Damn these kids play fast.
    Ridiculous speed. The LB play is so fast. They are like faster versions of T Beck+ 20-30 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    MWC champion wasn't going to be the top G5 over Cincinatti no matter how much Izzo is wishing it to be true.
    Cincinatti will be in the B12/P5 soon, and the MWC champion will certainly be "in the mix" in future years for a G5 slot.
    Arguably with a weakened AAC, the MWC will now be in the best position to grab that bid.

Of course it was a hypothetical future, NDSU is obviously not in FBS now.
    Should an MWC opening happen, I can't imagine NDSU saying no to that opportunity.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CFP is not expanding anytime soon:
    https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...734471168?s=21

We can wait until an MWC slot opens, and in the meantime add a few more trophies.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Got to volunteer last weekend for the CFP Championship. Fun experience. A few different observations compared to the FCS Championships.

The businesses in Frisco roll out the red carpet especially for Bison fans but there are very few activities planned by the city around the event. Indy had 3 days of events. There was a Fan Central set up in the convention center where you could see a variety of displays and do several different activities. A 3-block street near the convention center was blocked off with vendors, concessions, entertainment, and several selfie spots with CFP 2022 signage. Monument Circle was closed with a large concert stage. Saturday featured AJR and Doja Cat. Sunday was Ava Max and Twenty One Pilots. Monday afternoon went country with Breland and Sam Hunt. I had never heard of any of them but they are very popular artists. Mercedes and Dodge had very cool displays set up. Huge CFP 2022 display set up for photos. They also hired some group who does acrobatic dancing on the side of tall buildings. They were tethered to a 50-story building on the circle. Crazy!! All of this was free.

Each school was hosting multiple alumni events throughout the weekend just like Frisco. Many companies were also hosting events for clients. ESPN had a hospitality space reserved all weekend for VIPs and their talent. Both events have activities and appearances by the teams during the week. The teachers of the year from every state was invited for the weekend and held the flag for the national anthem. They each received 2 free tickets to the game.

Especially downtown but all over the city hotel rates were jacked up. Reports of Motel 6 at $250/night and downtown hotels at $500-$1000/night.

Face value for the worst tickets was $495. Resale for good tickets was up to $3k. The crowd was about 65/35 in favor of Georgia. The general consensus was Alabama has been to several of these and due to weather they decided they could skip this one. Sound familiar?

Speaking of weather, Indy is usually 30s and 40s in the winter but teens or 60s are equally possible. Saturday it was in the 30s but rained with ice just as the concerts were starting. It warmed up to 40 as the evening continued and the rain was light off and on. Temps dropped all day Sunday and were in the upper 20s during the Sunday concerts. Monday afternoon was sunny but low to mid 20s. Wind was off and on. Many fans complained about weather and wondered how we tolerated it. I laughed because it was still 25-30 degrees warmer than Fargo. They really didn't know what cold was. But it was definitely cold. Many embodied something we all know... there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad choice of clothing. A hoody and jeans with no hat or gloves would be a bad choice of clothing.

I had a great time talking football with great fans! Every time I mentioned NDSU they were aware they had won the FCS Championship and many knew 9 of 11. The Alabama marching band was watching the game on the bus while traveling to Indy.

Overall the environment difference between the two was significant and much wider than the difference in the quality of play. If you ever get a chance I would recommend being in the city for such an event even if you don't have a ticket to the game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk