Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: CFPlayoffs 2021

Default Re: CFPlayoffs 2021

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Only if they reserve a spot for the top G5. Most years I'm thinking they will need to be undefeated and beat at least one P5 to get that spot because someone will probably do that. Although it's not as easy as many think it may be. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Bison have a team that could do it. If they seed them 12th and post at the #5 yeah though that will be a tough game. But it sure would be fun to try!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Dom's stance is that since the Commish for the MWC is on the committee to decide the new playoff format he will absolutely not agree to anything that doesn't give at least one guaranteed spot to a G5

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Only if they reserve a spot for the top G5. Most years I'm thinking they will need to be undefeated and beat at least one P5 to get that spot because someone will probably do that. Although it's not as easy as many think it may be. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Bison have a team that could do it. If they seed them 12th and post at the #5 yeah though that will be a tough game. But it sure would be fun to try!

It will come down to rankings of your opponents and results. The G5 slot will likely go to the highest ranked conference champion outside the P5. Most years that will be MWC or AAC. Beating a "P5" like Arizona won't count nearly as much as beating teams like Cincinatti and Houston. If you can schedule and beat a couple ranked SEC or B10 schools that would certainly help though.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

MWC champion wasn't going to be the top G5 over Cincinatti no matter how much Izzo is wishing it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    MWC champion wasn't going to be the top G5 over Cincinatti no matter how much Izzo is wishing it to be true.
    Thanks for stopping by. Don't you have your own board, you know where you discuss how pathetic un_ football is?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Dom explained himself well and is was exactly right. Unfortunately, the dumb und fans and others heard “NDSU could beat Alabama and Georgia this year.”
    Oh NDSU could completely beat Alabama and Georgia this year. Did you see how big those guys are they have to be really slow. Rumor has it ESPN played the game on videotape delay and slightly sped up each play to make those fat guys look fast.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Dom explained himself well and is was exactly right. Unfortunately, the dumb und fans and others heard “NDSU could beat Alabama and Georgia this year.”
    Reading is very hard. Understanding is very hard.
    Maybe he should have mentioned toe to toe and moral victories.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    His basic stance was IF NDSU was in the FBS and IF they had a season where they went 13-1(like this year so however many wins in an FBS season and one loss) and IF the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams and IF one of those was for a G5 then NDSU would absolutely be IN THE MIX for that playoff spot.

So many purposely(imo) misconstrued his tweet to mean that NDSU would be in the playoffs if they were in the FBS.
    Cincinnati Bearcats football
    Football Team- a G5 team
    Cincinnati Bearcats football
    The Cincinnati Bearcats football program represents the University of Cincinnati in college football. They compete at the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision level as members of the American Athletic Conference, and have played their home games in historic Nippert Stadium since 1924. The Bearcats have an all-time record of over.500, having reached their 600th program victory in 2017. The team has had a bit of a resurgence in the past few years, going 129-62 from 2006 through 2020, along with 13 bowl game appearances, 7 conference titles, four BCS/NY6 Bowl berths, and 27 NFL Draft selections.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

And like all your other UN_ friends you've managed to add your own language to what was being said.

The only thing he said about this year is IF NDSU had a year like this year in the future IF they were FBS. It had nothing to do with Cincinnati. People are fuckin thick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    And like all your other UN_ friends you've managed to add your own language to what was being said.

The only thing he said about this year is IF NDSU had a year like this year in the future IF they were FBS. It had nothing to do with Cincinnati. People are fuckin thick.

His comment was literally "this would have been a year when NDSU would have been in the mix for a spot."

There was absolutely nothing about the future and it is a completely inaccurate statement. With 12 hypothetical spots, there are zero G5 teams being discussed outside of Cincy.

His comment was literally "this would have been a year when NDSU would have been in the mix for a spot."

There was absolutely nothing about the future and it is a completely inaccurate statement. With 12 hypothetical spots, there are zero G5 teams being discussed outside of Cincy.
    Did he say they would have gotten a spot over Cinci? I can't find that part.

Do you know what in the mix means?

Now you're just purposely being obtuse to try to prove a point you missed on.