Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knee Injuries... Especially ACL

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Knee Injuries... Especially ACL

Broke my femur in a Junior Bb wrong place wrong time when the big center dove for a loose ball and I planted my leg. Stretched all the ligaments in the knee and went in for surgery the next day but miraculously it had tightened up so I got lucky. Been a pretty good leg till I tore my Achilles playing city league Bb at forty. Have not recovered from that one and yes can predict the weather.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

I was 17 my first few months at NDSU track practice. I torqued my knee bad enough I couldn’t run without swelling and pain. Christopherson ?? was the team doctor if I remember correctly. He said I had a tear and just needed scoped. He did the surgery and my knee has never been right yet, 38 years later still. Seems he was busted for something or other that might explain why the surgery never helped, or not.

I need to get in and get it figured out. If I try to keep up with my wife my knee hurts like hell.

My wife blew her achilles 20 years ago when she tried to cut, right when her defender stepped on her foot.

I called the hospital and said my wife had tore her achilles and we were an hour away if there was a doctor available to see her. They said you don’t know she did and just come in.

Ended up there was a trauma surgeon from North Africa there just heading home for the night. He decided to stay to see if I knew what I was saying. He had 5 students with him surrounding my wife, he says when I squeeze her calf her foot won’t move if her tendon’s torn but since it’s not, her foot will move. He squeezes and her foot doesn’t move, the whole room gasps and he says wow! I guess we’ll operate in an hour.

She had pretty bad scarring and it still gets pretty sore but she can run, climb, ski or whatever.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Broken collar bone probably sucked the worst. I can't sleep on my back so it was one night no sleep, one night so tired I slept, repeat.

Second time I crushed lower back vertebrae I never went back to the doctor after they let me out of the hospital. Took it easy for 6 weeks then worked out like crazy. Best shape of my life after that. Best softball season too. The last concussion is when I stopped working out. Should probably start again. That concussion like the 3rd one after the doctor said no more concussions bro. If I ever go to a school reunion again I will be wearing a helmet.

My 1999 knee injury was a complete tear. That's why the rehab sucked. Non contact shuffling through cones.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Broken collar bone probably sucked the worst. I can't sleep on my back so it was one night no sleep, one night so tired I slept, repeat.

Second time I crushed lower back vertebrae I never went back to the doctor after they let me out of the hospital. Took it easy for 6 weeks then worked out like crazy. Best shape of my life after that. Best softball season too. The last concussion is when I stopped working out. Should probably start again. That concussion like the 3rd one after the doctor said no more concussions bro. If I ever go to a school reunion again I will be wearing a helmet.

My 1999 knee injury was a complete tear. That's why the rehab sucked. Non contact shuffling through cones.
    Gabe would like to know what your cone drill time was.....
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    I was 17 my first few months at NDSU track practice. I torqued my knee bad enough I couldn’t run without swelling and pain. Christopherson ?? was the team doctor if I remember correctly. He said I had a tear and just needed scoped. He did the surgery and my knee has never been right yet, 38 years later still. Seems he was busted for something or other that might explain why the surgery never helped, or not.

I need to get in and get it figured out. If I try to keep up with my wife my knee hurts like hell.
    Christopherson was not known for being good. He was known for seeing a, pardon my French, shit ton of patients in a day. I remember having a list of 20 athletes lined up for him to see. He would be done in a half hour. We used to try to guess what the med of the day would be. One day everyone got anaprox next time Medrol dose packs for everyone. He was a hack. There are much better surgeons out there. Sanford probably has 20 orthopods. Phil Johnson is Independant and easier to get in to. Both Sanford and Essentia have walk in ortho clinics.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Torn Meniscus last year. Surgery last January. More pain in the last year then when I tore it and the months leading up to surgery. Says bad arthritis is what is causing it. Never had that pain before the tear. Weird. Work comp though. Probably just want me out of their office.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Torn Meniscus last year. Surgery last January. More pain in the last year then when I tore it and the months leading up to surgery. Says bad arthritis is what is causing it. Never had that pain before the tear. Weird. Work comp though. Probably just want me out of their office.
    That’s a drag. I had arthritis in my knees too. When he was in repairing the torn meniscus he buffed up the arthritis in that knee as well. I have never felt pain from the arthritis either before or after AFAIK. No pain in other knee either although apparently there is arthritis there too.

Now my left thumb OTOH? That sucker hurts. I wonder if I can get them to grind that bugger down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.