Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs SDSU

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I would like to see our BB players fight, scrap and compete like our FB does most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Easy to "fight, scrap, and compete" when you are head and shoulders better than the other guy.... and get results.

Ndsu basketball doesn't have that luxury.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Interesting. Dave says the loss is on him, and he references the technical and him not staying poised in the first half. I think the technical was one of the best things he did as a coach tonight.
    I'm glad Dave got T'd up. It was warranted at the time with the discrepancy in foul calls. I believe the foul count was 8-3 against us around that point in the game. Some of us have been calling for Dave to show more emotion and he delivered. Hendo was in the refs' ears that first half, way more than they should have allowed him. Just a crap-show we don't normally see in home games.

Good for Dave. Now drawing up a play out of timeout to win the game, that's a different story. We should have attacked the rim for a kick-out or a foul and pounded the boards.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The bigger long term problem is not the last play call but his continued use of a super simple five out offense with no movement. Last night we scored very well but when it shows up negatively is against P5 teams cause basically we are running an AAU offense where it is just take your guy one on one the lane is open for anybody to drive. He has switched to this one offense after reading bisonville for two years that the weave at half court may not work every time.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Interesting. Dave says the loss is on him, and he references the technical and him not staying poised in the first half. I think the technical was one of the best things he did as a coach tonight.
    I agree with him getting T'd up. Nice to see some fire on the sideline and defend your players. No teach Rocky how to defend the pick and roll so we are not mismatched in the post.
    Make your free throws and we pull this game out. 50+ points in the paint is unacceptable defense. Yes some of the shot were hard to defend with fade aways. But come on........
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I'm glad Dave got T'd up. It was warranted at the time with the discrepancy in foul calls. I believe the foul count was 8-3 against us around that point in the game. Some of us have been calling for Dave to show more emotion and he delivered. Hendo was in the refs' ears that first half, way more than they should have allowed him. Just a crap-show we don't normally see in home games.

Good for Dave. Now drawing up a play out of timeout to win the game, that's a different story. We should have attacked the rim for a kick-out or a foul and pounded the boards.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Easy to "fight, scrap, and compete" when you are head and shoulders better than the other guy.... and get results.

Ndsu basketball doesn't have that luxury.
    Like all those FBS games? Lol this trying to degrade the FB teams accomplishments due to the "level" they play at is BS. The fact is this BB program should be head and shoulders better than 90% of the teams they play against too. Griesel should have had the ball for that last possession. Rocky with a fade away from 15 feet?? Seriously???Just an idiotic play to end the game. When will Dave actually draw up a game winning play? He sucks at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    The bigger long term problem is not the last play call but his continued use of a super simple five out offense with no movement. Last night we scored very well but when it shows up negatively is against P5 teams cause basically we are running an AAU offense where it is just take your guy one on one the lane is open for anybody to drive. He has switched to this one offense after reading bisonville for two years that the weave at half court may not work every time.
    Yea, in the 2nd half players were able to fire away at will... Boden/Cook hit 3s and we played fast. I like that then the offense you speak of.

now the next 5 games should all be wins, it'd be nice to allow these guys to run more & push the ball..... but doubtful to happen, we will play down to competition & muck it up unfortunately
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What is the foul call where the ref signals two arms up and down in like a chopping motion? Saw it called twice last night, not sure what it was.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    What is the foul call where the ref signals two arms up and down in like a chopping motion? Saw it called twice last night, not sure what it was.
    I'm not positive, but I think that's the signal for "I went to sdsu and I'm going to call lots of BS fouls on NDSU until I can realize my lifelong dream of T'ing up Richman. Also, as soon as I'm finished calling these shit calls on NDSU, I need to get back to Brookings to deliver a case of Joose to Stiggy."
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    Cylinder foul

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cin...m/amp/91631966