Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buddha Williams to Colorado St

Default Re: Buddha Williams to Colorado St

Not that I'm complaining but it seems kind of strange (in a good way) that Goeser is still here while all these other DL coaches like Cain and Williams cycle through. He's been on the staff since 2010 I believe (through 2 head coaching changes) which seems like an eternity for an FCS assistant coach. Kudos to him!

From what I can tell (which sure is limited), we were lucky to hang onto Buddha as long as we did. Listen to Vigen's interview with Culhane yesterday. Yes, you need to recruit well to roll a d-line like NDSU does, but you can't overlook the work of Coach K and Buddha when you see what they are doing. We closed out the JMU win due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not that I'm complaining but it seems kind of strange (in a good way) that Goeser is still here while all these other DL coaches like Cain and Williams cycle through. He's been on the staff since 2010 I believe (through 2 head coaching changes) which seems like an eternity for an FCS assistant coach. Kudos to him!
    Maybe he wants to remain a Bison? I could see him with DC potential. Not to mention our special teams has been epic this year.

We've been very fortunate to have Nick for this long. Not all coaches are looking to move every 5 years. I know he is a Midwest guy from Wisconsin so he fits in culturally. If he wanted to uproot his family for a raise I'm sure he could because he's really good at his job

Also just because someone takes another job doesn't mean they are simply uprooting their family either. Everyone's life is different
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-30-2021 at 01:43 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

And... dare I say it? Jim Kramer.

Nick is definitely an undersung rock of this program. He deserves a ton of credit and probably a healthy raise if nothing else!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    And... dare I say it? Jim Kramer.
    Kramer stays because of his children. When they graduate, start sweating.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Good luck to a great coach!

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Maybe he wants to remain a Bison? I could see him with DC potential. Not to mention our special teams has been epic this year.
    Return game maybe, everything else has been very suspect at times.

Stability is undervalued in the ever increasing world of job hopping.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯