Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 1990 v IUP: DII Title Game

Default Re: 1990 v IUP: DII Title Game

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    It's not ridiculous, according to the players I talked to that were on the team, at the '90 championship game, partaking of boozy shenanigans the night before the game.
    Well…… I was one of the players and what you are saying IS ridiculous!

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    He didn’t have the flu! Eddie made that up. He was tackled and landed on the ball. Instead of knocking the wind out it caused him to barf up all the fluid he drank. Not much food in the belly with early start time of those games. Not hungover! That’s ridiculous!
    This is correct history.
    "The bird is in your hand"

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont know which game it was but Izzy told a few of us a story when they played on the road. Izzy was making his rounds for bed check. There were two players who were Known to party and they were rooming together. Izzy went in to there room and both were in bed which put Izzy on high alert. Izzy checks the bath room and nothing there. Just as Izzy was about to leave the room he stops, turns around and asks---which one of you guys took a shower tonight? Both said neither one because they took one after practice. Izzy smiled and said---then why is the shower curtain closed? Izzy goes back to the bathroom--pulls the shower curtain back and low and behold whats in the shower??? Two broads and a case of beer. IZZY kicked the broads out and took the beer. He said it was his brand.
    The next day nobody had said a word about what happened the night before. They get all the way through practice. Nothings been said. The players think they
    got a pass from Izzy. Just as the team is to break from practice the coach stops and says the two players names and how he would appreciate it if they stayed after practice for some extra instruction. As Izzy tells it the coaches ran the players ass off while all the coaches and Izzy drank there beer.
    So Pat, how often did players practice on the road?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So Pat, how often did players practice on the road?
    Playoffs and championships. Think they went out an extra day for the NAU games. They might have for the MT and CA games.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Threesome for CAS!
    Figures. Broad hogg flashing his rings....its like those things are a French tickler

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    Well…… I was one of the players and what you are saying IS ridiculous!
    Hey, I'm not judging... as long as they weren't making Tik Tok videos it's all good.

That said, drinking in the week leading up to a championship game is more of a Vikings thing.

It's weird how many players I can name from that 1990 team - you'd think I'd remember more names from when I went to school.

Satter, Hansen, Simdorn, Wash, Johnson and Johnson, Sieh, McDonald, etc. And I found this old, old Bisonville page (that needs an updating): Bisonville - History