Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 1990 v IUP: DII Title Game

Default Re: 1990 v IUP: DII Title Game

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    "Flu". Ha! Certain rules were not really enforced too much during the run of trips to Florence, AL. They were so much more talented that year that some of our guys showed up hungover and still kicked the living crap of IUP.
    I dont know which game it was but Izzy told a few of us a story when they played on the road. Izzy was making his rounds for bed check. There were two players who were Known to party and they were rooming together. Izzy went in to there room and both were in bed which put Izzy on high alert. Izzy checks the bath room and nothing there. Just as Izzy was about to leave the room he stops, turns around and asks---which one of you guys took a shower tonight? Both said neither one because they took one after practice. Izzy smiled and said---then why is the shower curtain closed? Izzy goes back to the bathroom--pulls the shower curtain back and low and behold whats in the shower??? Two broads and a case of beer. IZZY kicked the broads out and took the beer. He said it was his brand.
    The next day nobody had said a word about what happened the night before. They get all the way through practice. Nothings been said. The players think they
    got a pass from Izzy. Just as the team is to break from practice the coach stops and says the two players names and how he would appreciate it if they stayed after practice for some extra instruction. As Izzy tells it the coaches ran the players ass off while all the coaches and Izzy drank there beer.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont know which game it was but Izzy told a few of us a story when they played on the road. Izzy was making his rounds for bed check. There were two players who were Known to party and they were rooming together. Izzy went in to there room and both were in bed which put Izzy on high alert. Izzy checks the bath room and nothing there. Just as Izzy was about to leave the room he stops, turns around and asks---which one of you guys took a shower tonight? Both said neither one because they took one after practice. Izzy smiled and said---then why is the shower curtain closed? Izzy goes back to the bathroom--pulls the shower curtain back and low and behold whats in the shower??? Two broads and a case of beer. IZZY kicked the broads out and took the beer. He said it was his brand.
    The next day nobody had said a word about what happened the night before. They get all the way through practice. Nothings been said. The players think they
    got a pass from Izzy. Just as the team is to break from practice the coach stops and says the two players names and how he would appreciate it if they stayed after practice for some extra instruction. As Izzy tells it the coaches ran the players ass off while all the coaches and Izzy drank there beer.
    probably true. That would of been in the early 80’s when Izzy still traveled with team.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    He didn’t have the flu! Eddie made that up. He was tackled and landed on the ball. Instead of knocking the wind out it caused him to barf up all the fluid he drank. Not much food in the belly with early start time of those games. Not hungover! That’s ridiculous!
    It's not ridiculous, according to the players I talked to that were on the team, at the '90 championship game, partaking of boozy shenanigans the night before the game.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    It's not ridiculous, according to the players I talked to that were on the team, at the '90 championship game, partaking of boozy shenanigans the night before the game.
    Were they the same players arrested for hosting a big keg party South of Fargo? I was on my way to that party when we met the stream of cars leaving after it had been busted.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Were they the same players arrested for hosting a big keg party South of Fargo? I was on my way to that party when we met the stream of cars leaving after it had been busted.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I was one of the last guys at that party. I was manning one of the taps (it was a keg trailer with 2 taps on each side) and happily filling red cups for who knows how long. I was kind of a wreck after awhile. People were smashed together against the trailer (it was just parked on a gravel road in the middle of nowhere south of town), then all I remember next is the crowd was quickly dispatched and a big blue clad arm swings around me and rests on my shoulder as I'm still propped up next to the tap. "Son, do you have a safe way to get home?" the cop asked me. After I said yes he said, "You probably ought to leave now because we have some work to do."

I don't know if my memory is accurate but I remember the strong sentiment that FPD and the county cops had a serious hard on for busting FB players back then.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    But who got the broads?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    But who got the broads?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Threesome for CAS!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I was one of the last guys at that party. I was manning one of the taps (it was a keg trailer with 2 taps on each side) and happily filling red cups for who knows how long. I was kind of a wreck after awhile. People were smashed together against the trailer (it was just parked on a gravel road in the middle of nowhere south of town), then all I remember next is the crowd was quickly dispatched and a big blue clad arm swings around me and rests on my shoulder as I'm still propped up next to the tap. "Son, do you have a safe way to get home?" the cop asked me. After I said yes he said, "You probably ought to leave now because we have some work to do."

I don't know if my memory is accurate but I remember the strong sentiment that FPD and the county cops had a serious hard on for busting FB players back then.
    Good memory, even though you were hammered. Impressive.
    The FPD sent some undercover female cops in first. They ask how much for the beer. We told them the beer was free. But if you want a cup, it will be $3.

I had to stick around and sweet talk the cops into not confiscating the light plant. And gather bail money.
    "The bird is in your hand"

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    Good memory, even though you were hammered. Impressive.
    The FPD sent some undercover female cops in first. They ask how much for the beer. We told them the beer was free. But if you want a cup, it will be $3.

I had to stick around and sweet talk the cops into not confiscating the light plant. And gather bail money.
    That's right! I forgot about the undercover ladies. Admittedly, I only heard about that afterwards.
    Insert something clever here...

Moral of this thread. Better to hide ladies under the covers than in the shower.