Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NDSU in the Sun Bowl !

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU in the Sun Bowl !

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Me thinks this has a lot more to do with teams/institutions not overly interested in playing in meaningless bowl games.
    Idk about that. Do they still get payed if they pull out? It's all about the money

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well the CDC is now only recommending a 5 day quarantine for those without ongoing symptoms. Or some shit like that. It’s already affecting the NFL since the NFLPA is following CDC guidelines. I’m sure it’s too little too late for some of these games but that could be good news for the title game.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Me thinks this has a lot more to do with teams/institutions not overly interested in playing in meaningless bowl games.
    I'm thinking if the game has more meaning (like a playoff game) you would be less likely to pull out. If the game were a major bowl or some kind of playoff game I would expect the teams to play. Purdue has several top players not playing Thursday in Nashville. Nevada had several players and coaches missing in today's bowl game. The more that happens the easier it will be to drop the bowl system and expand the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Casedemic

so sick people have to test to see if they're sick
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

NDSU could get $2.5 Million playing in the Sun Bowl & Garner Amazing MEDIA ATTENTION worth tens of millions

we break even at Frisco I bet..or $100k or so
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Idk about that. Do they still get payed if they pull out? It's all about the money
    No play no money
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Arizona Bowl pays $350k, Sun Bowl is $4.5M. Not all bowls are equal.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Arizona Bowl pays $350k, Sun Bowl is $4.5M. Not all bowls are equal.
    Then that money goes in to the conference pool to be distributed after all expenses are paid.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Then that money goes in to the conference pool to be distributed after all expenses are paid.
    I would hope we would pad the expense total if we ever play in a bowl game after the move up.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would hope we would pad the expense total if we ever play in a bowl game after the move up.
    You see how many people we just have on the sideline? It won't be hard to pad any expenses.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk