Default Re: Places to visit and eat, things to do, Dallas 2022

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Spearmint Rhino
    dropped some singles there the first couple years, then stopped going
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The JFK place is pretty cool. The George W. Bush Presidential Library is pretty neat too if that's your thing.
    Agreed! I've done both as well. My dad enjoyed the library but he's really into history and that sort of thing. I didn't get into it as much as it required too much reading, haha. But I really enjoyed the JFK museum and how they present it with the headphones you wear and that sort of thing. Would recommend for sure!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    Agreed! I've done both as well. My dad enjoyed the library but he's really into history and that sort of thing. I didn't get into it as much as it required too much reading, haha. But I really enjoyed the JFK museum and how they present it with the headphones you wear and that sort of thing. Would recommend for sure!
    JFK's is the only Presidential library I've been too... and I thought it was pretty cool. He packed a lot into a short time in office.

Clearly a hot tub party. You are in Frisco after all.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

If you have kids or you are still a kid at heart maybe the andretti games place would be cool. It's bowling and go karts etc. It's like 20 minutes maybe on the 121 from frisco. If you all get down their make sure to go to scheels and hassle them about not having bison stuff. They won't ever stock a god damn thing for me.

Here
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

I would offer a word of caution about partying in deep ellum at night. It's pretty bad. You may get shot by a 15 year old with an uzi. Should be ok during light hours though. It's been really warm, so partying at night, preferably outdoors is a must. It's been 78-83 the last few days. It's midnight right now and my windows are still open while I write this. So the weather is incredible, hopefully it holds for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    https://hutchinsbbq.com/

That's the post.
    I would echo this. Imo Hutchins has the highest average BBQ meats performance. It's the place you are most likely to have a good time. One of the Hutchins pit Master just died though, so the quality may be impacted. They have multiple pit masters so it might not matter.

Pecan lodge is also very good but it's pretty far away.

Cattlack is even better than Hutchins but it's barely ever open and is a little more hit or miss.

Hard8 is horrible in my experience. Id avoid that one at all costs. Rudy's is also one I'd avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    I would echo this. Imo Hutchins has the highest average BBQ meats performance. It's the place you are most likely to have a good time. The Hutchins pit Master just died though, so the quality may be impacted.

Cattlack is even better than Hutchins but it's barely ever open and is a little more hit or miss.

Hard8 is horrible in my experience. If avoid that one at all costs. Rudy's is also one I'd avoid.
    Hard8 was a cool experience the first time walking in through all the BBQ pits.
    Hutchins has been, like you said, just better consistent BBQ every time and more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Hard8 was a cool experience the first time walking in through all the BBQ pits.
    Hutchins has been, like you said, just better consistent BBQ every time and more convenient.
    So my first and only visit to hard 8 was about 3 months ago. They had to cut the bark char off the brisket to serve it and their brisket was a similar experience to eating tree bark. They also did not have an option for moist or lean which is a red flag.. I would never eat hard8 again even if it was free. The physical setup of the restraunt is cool though.

Ate at Rudy’s by the stadium the first year we went. Was like eating a cardboard box. But we did get gasoline there, so that’s good.
    For breakfast it’s Norma’s on Gaylord Pkway. Chicken fried steak, grits, biscuits, eggs and darn good coffee.
    So good I took a picture!
    Attachment 9834
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans