Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Places to visit and eat, things to do, Dallas 2022

Default Re: Places to visit and eat, things to do, Dallas 2022

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Ate at Rudy’s by the stadium the first year we went. Was like eating a cardboard box. But we did get gasoline there, so that’s good.
    For breakfast it’s Norma’s on Gaylord Pkway. Chicken fried steak, grits, biscuits, eggs and darn good coffee.
    So good I took a picture!
    Attachment 9834
    Rudys is also very good for breakfast tacos. WE served those the last two years.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Ate at Rudy’s by the stadium the first year we went. Was like eating a cardboard box. But we did get gasoline there, so that’s good.
    For breakfast it’s Norma’s on Gaylord Pkway. Chicken fried steak, grits, biscuits, eggs and darn good coffee.
    So good I took a picture!
    Attachment 9834
    Rudy's hits the spot when you don't want to leave the parking lot but haven't eaten for several hours and are slightly hungover.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Rudys is also very good for breakfast tacos. WE served those the last two years.
    Have to agree on those breakfast tacos. They are good. And close to the game
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Make a donation to single moms at The Lodge.
    Insert something clever here...

Have to agree on those breakfast tacos. They are good. And close to the game
    Bucees is on the 75 and has great breakfast tacos, the rhino, the hippo, and the brisket and egg. $3-4. It's like a bigger loves or flying j. Not so close to the game, but if you are organized someone would be able to grab 100 tacos for a large group (use an ordering station if there aren't enough ready). I go to bucees 2-3 times a month for weekend breakfast tacos. ~20 mile round-trip drive for me. I last went christmas morning. Their green sauce is very very good.

Torchys is the hyped up local breakfast taco chain around here. Personally I prefer bucees but there is probably a torchys in Frisco.

The kolache factory has great savory kolaches and there is a location in Frisco. My favorites are the jalapeņo popper, the sausage and gravy, and the pepperoni. But they have a bunch. ~2.75 per kolache. I wouldn't highly recommend the sweet ones though. Also avoid kolaches at bucees imo.
    If you want sweet kolaches the best one is kolachee bakeshop on Frankfurt in North Dallas.

For donuts I haven't found a mom and pops that beats shippley (Houston chain) or Krispy Kreme (originals).

That's about it for breakfast as far as I can think of for in a tailgate lot.

There are tons of kolaches and BBQ in dfw. They are not all created equal. If you don't have favorite places already and only have one or two meals, don't waste them on things near you. The disparity in deliciousness from one place to the next is unreal.
    Last edited by Twentysix; 12-29-2021 at 09:56 AM.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Bucees is on the 75 and has great breakfast tacos, the rhino, the hippo, and the brisket and egg. $3-4. It's like a bigger loves or flying j. Not so close to the game, but if you are organized someone would be able to grab 100 tacos for a large group (use an ordering station if there aren't enough ready). I go to bucees 2-3 times a month for weekend breakfast tacos. ~20 mile round-trip drive for me. I last went christmas morning. Their green sauce is very very good.

Torchys is the hyped up local breakfast taco chain around here. Personally I prefer bucees but there is probably a torchys in Frisco.

The kolache factory has great savory kolaches and there is a location in Frisco. My favorites are the jalapeņo popper, the sausage and gravy, and the pepperoni. But they have a bunch. ~2.75 per kolache. I wouldn't highly recommend the sweet ones though. Also avoid kolaches at bucees imo.
    If you want sweet kolaches the best one is kolachee bakeshop on Frankfurt in North Dallas.

For donuts I haven't found a mom and pops that beats shippley (Houston chain) or Krispy Kreme (originals).

That's about it for breakfast as far as I can think of for in a tailgate lot.

There are tons of kolaches and BBQ in dfw. They are not all created equal. If you don't have favorite places already and only have one or two meals, don't waste them on things near you. The disparity in deliciousness from one place to the next is unreal.
    There is a Torchy’s on Preston just north of 121 (replaced Fuddruckers). Haven’t been there as the menu and photos don’t look that great

The Aussie Grind is roughly across the street and is extremely popular. The breakfast pizza is amazing, though the place is a bit expensive for what you get.

For donuts we love the place on the corner of Coit and Virginia/PGA Parkway in north Frisco (maybe 3-4 miles from the stadium). Best donuts in the area and we’ve tried them all. The cinnamon rolls (donut style not old fashioned), chocolate long johns, Apple fritters, flavored cake donuts, and spinach wraps are excellent. They never run out, keep cooking through the morning so you always get fresh stock, and are extremely accommodating. I would think they’d handle whatever you needed.

Also Jenny’s donuts on Legacy and Lebanon-ish has been very pro-Bison in the past. I got to know the lady and her husband that work weekends, and she would always recognize me by my NDSU gear and say “Go Bison!”

Does anyone know of a great Chinese Restaurant. Its been years sine Ive had some good Chinese food. There has to be some good places around Frisco.

Im going to be there 5-6 days and I can only eat so much BBQ.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Does anyone know of a great Chinese Restaurant. Its been years sine Ive had some good Chinese food. There has to be some good places around Frisco.

Im going to be there 5-6 days and I can only eat so much BBQ.
    Head to a mitsuwa hmart or 99 ranch market for good asian food. They are grocery stores that create large asian business areas. The restraunts will be inside in a food court or outside in mini mall style buildings built out of the grocery stores. 85°C is a top bakery. Tous les jour is good too but ive had terrible luck with them having inventory if you arrive late in the day. If you mean american style chinese like panda express then idk but there are a few chinese buffets around. I havent been to any though. You will want a mask if you are going to interact respectfully in an asian owned business.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Blue Goose Cantina, right by the tailgate lot. If you have never been there. Go. Just go. Thank me later. Lol.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Blue Goose Cantina, right by the tailgate lot. If you have never been there. Go. Just go. Thank me later. Lol.
    Not saying the food and atmosphere can't be good or even great, BUT...really? A mex joint in Texas founded by a guy named Bob Peterson. That just sounds wrong in so many ways.