Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Trans Am Bison = GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT NC

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Thanks Trans Am Bison = GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT NC

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That sure was a lot of over winded hyperbole that didnt address the premise of his post.

Cut blocks dont move the LOS as the poster inferred. Totally different blocking technique than what is used now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    There are some good threads from over a decade ago that even TAB posted in. Split backs for NDSU. High schools would do more I formation as was pretty common to have our biggest RB as FB and fastest as TB.

Honestly not sure what we ran in the 60s during our initial uprising as before my time and not sure many of these games on video. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by PAC Bison View Post
    Yes, we are familiar with the veer. Our former coach wrote the book on it. Literally. "The Explosive Veer Offense for Winning Football" by Jim Wacker and Don Morton. I don't think it works as well when the defense is so fast. Like Safety Colton Heagle. I think he did a good job with shutting down the triple threat when we played Georgia Southern while they were still in the FCS.
    What abot the last time you played GSU. Our QB ran free!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    What abot the last time you played GSU. Our QB ran free!
    Not free enough….for you. I liked McKinnon as a Vike though

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That sure was a lot of over winded hyperbole that didnt address the premise of his post.

Cut blocks don't move the LOS as the poster inferred. Totally different blocking technique than what is used now.

Honestly not sure what we ran in the 60s during our initial uprising as before my time and not sure many of these games on video. Anyone?[/QUOTE

I think it had to be in the very late 60's The coach that came up with the Wishbone T-Option came out of Texas and I think he was a high school coach.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

You mean when the offensive line men exploded and used the cut block into the big defensive lineman's knees? What formation did you use to run the T-Option? The "I" - Power I, dotted I, Split back veer, the Broken Bone, the Wishbone? If you say Wishbone, then I'll say your team was playing in the 70s' In my opinion the only way the T-Option can be run today, 25% to 30% a game, in collage now, is the split back veer or the FLEX- Spread Triple Option attack. The Wishbone just compacts your 4 offensive backs to closely.
    We ran triple option from under center with split/traditional RBs, with a big dose of scoop blocking, which is a concept/technique I never saw GSU run.

Cut blocks are a LOS thing for most part. If you have solid, athletic LBs and safeties who can skirt them, like we did against GSU, defending the TO isn’t that difficult. GSU’s big runs in the second game were more the results of Mckinnons speed than blocking schemes. GSU could have done the same thing, and maybe more effectively, out of pistol formation. It was clear you were attempting to get MCKinnon to the edge, so why not just do it?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Not free enough….for you. I liked McKinnon as a Vike though
    You better check the stats on the last FCS playoff game. If you killed him, he must have rolled over you dead!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You better check the stats on the last FCS playoff game. If you killed him, he must have rolled over you dead!
    Well, to be fair, we killed your whole team, but he went down trying. It was valiant

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We ran triple option from under center with split/traditional RBs, with a big dose of scoop blocking, which is a concept/technique I never saw GSU run.

Cut blocks are a LOS thing for most part. If you have solid, athletic LBs and safeties who can skirt them, like we did against GSU, defending the TO isn’t that difficult. GSU’s big runs in the second game were more the results of Mckinnons speed than blocking schemes. GSU could have done the same thing, and maybe more effectively, out of pistol formation. It was clear you were attempting to get MCKinnon to the edge, so why not just do it?
    you mean in the first 2 playoff games with a very slow QB. Check what happend in the last GSU vs NDSU game!

One dimesional offense and one player normally don’t beat the Bison. Did you win or lose?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

you mean in the first 2 playoff games with a very slow QB. Check what happend in the last GSU vs NDSU game!
    No clue what your referencing.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Well, to be fair, we killed your whole team, but he went down trying. It was valiant
    The only reason you won that last playoff game was because GSU committed 2 back to back personal fouls (30 Yards) and a fumble. Because of those 3 things it kept NDSU in the game to score the winning TD.

I will admit that you deserved to win that game. A lack of focus on GSUs part and excellent focus on NDSUs part won you that game!