Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks Trans Am Bison = GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT NC

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Thanks Trans Am Bison = GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT NC

It is I, the one and only TransAmBison! Glad to hear from you...hadn't seen a post from you for so long I was getting a bit worried.

Merry Christmas my friend.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________-

THANKS T/A for the Email!

I'm so pissed at what our AD hasn't done over the last 6-7 years that I only watched 1 GSU game on TV and listened to only ONE GSU game on the radio this year. The rest of the time I would just check the score and look at the stats on the net

**** On a good note, I see the Bison are in a great position to win another FCS National Championship! How many FCS NCs have you won now- 20?
    I am so glad you're not playing James Madison again. That was getting old. It was like there was only 2 teams in FCS! When you win your next NC I'll be on the Bison board to give you another congrats. The only problem is when I have done that over the years many of your fans dont trust me because GSU is now a G% FBS team. They also make fun of GSUs fall to mediocrity! Still your team deserves it so I will still congratulate your win!!!

Now what's been pissing me OFF!

No, this year and last year weren't very good years for me. When GSU joined G5 FBS, we switched to what they called the GUN OPTION from GSUs tried and true FLEX or Spread Triple Option. After GSUs close game with the Bison in the playoffs and the next year's win over the University of Florida I thought HC Monken finally had us on the right track for recruiting and putting GSU back on top. But in he left to become the Head Coach of army.

We then Hired Head Coach Fritz who installed the GUN OPTION. I was not happy about that, but I must say that he did a great job the 2 years he was at GSU. In his first year we lost to P5 North Carolina State and Georgia Tec. A loss is a loss BUT GSU was beating them both until the last 3 minutes of both games and in both games GSU made a turnover, on our side of the field, and they scored. We beat everyone in our conference, GSU was the conference champs in our first year of FBSs, went 9-3 overall, but weren't allowed to go to a BOWL that year because we had just moved from FCS. THE NEXT YEAR WE PLAYED the University of GEORGIA AND GEORGIA WON IN DOUBLE OVERTIME! GSU got a bowl that year and won it..

Then HC Fritz left GSU, after his second year, and everything went to hell.
    GSU continued to use the GUN OPTION. The 3rd year we ran the GUN OPTION we went through THREE Head Coaches in one year! Georgia Southern has never kept a HC around after losing so many games. The Head Coaches and their staff have destroyed GSUs states and reputation over the last 6-7 years. I never thought I ​would say this but GSU has become a mediocre - !

I thought for sure we would go back to what always worked for GSU = the FLEX or Spread Triple Option - a true triple option scheme! BUT NO, GSU hired a head coach from California, so I'm guessing that GSU will be running a West Coast type Passing team. How long do you think it will take to recruit a very good passing QB & Receivers? That + GSUs poor overall level of play for the last 6-7 years. He and our new OC better be GREAT RECUTERS!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Default Re: Thanks Trans Am Bison = GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT NC

Glad to hear from you my friend. Looking forward to this coach getting fired shortly and the triple option coming back once again.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Glad to hear from you my friend. Looking forward to this coach getting fired shortly and the triple option coming back once again.

Thanks T/A, but our AD could have gotten a few, excellent Flex or Spread T-Option coaches this time. I just don't think our AD wanted to return to the Spread T-Option and didn't even give any of them a chance or second thought. So what does our AD do? He picks a Head Coach from California, West Coast Passing Offense. GSU has tried that before and suffered for it! I really hope he can put a team together in 2 years. I'd rather him be a winner, even if he is not running the Flex T-0ption, than SUFFER through what GSU has been through for the last 6-7 years. The Gun Option was not a triple option offense. The last 6-7 years has ruined GSUs stats, winning percentage and turned GSU into a mediocre - team that no one respects anymore! I don't think I can take another 3 years of that!!!

I believe that GSU's AD will give the new HC and staff at least 3 years. I just see our new HC and staff being able to recruit the QB and receivers that it will take to run his offense!
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 12-25-2021 at 07:43 PM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Call Rocky Hager.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Call Rocky Hager.

Who is Rocky Hager??

The last Bison coach to run the option. For old timers like me, I miss him. When we played GSU it reminded me how much I missed the option as grew up playing and watching it. The part I missed most is how the lineman lined up and just exploded forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    The last Bison coach to run the option. For old timers like me, I miss him. When we played GSU it reminded me how much I missed the option as grew up playing and watching it. The part I missed most is how the lineman lined up and just exploded forward.
    You mean when the offensive line men exploded and used the cut block into the big defensive lineman's knees? What formation did you use to run the T-Option? The "I" - Power I, dotted I, Split back veer, the Broken Bone, the Wishbone? If you say Wishbone, then I'll say your team was playing in the 70s' In my opinion the only way the T-Option can be run today, 25% to 30% a game, in collage now, is the split back veer or the FLEX- Spread Triple Option attack. The Wishbone just compacts your 4 offensive backs to closely.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    You mean when the offensive line men exploded and used the cut block into the big defensive lineman's knees? What formation did you use to run the T-Option? The "I" - Power I, dotted I, Split back veer, the Broken Bone, the Wishbone? If you say Wishbone, then I'll say your team was playing in the 70s' In my opinion the only way the T-Option can be run today, 25% to 30% a game, in collage now, is the split back veer or the FLEX- Spread Triple Option attack. The Wishbone just compacts your 4 offensive backs to closely.

That sure was a lot of over winded hyperbole that didnt address the premise of his post.

Cut blocks dont move the LOS as the poster inferred. Totally different blocking technique than what is used now.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

There are some good threads from over a decade ago that even TAB posted in. Split backs for NDSU. High schools would do more I formation as was pretty common to have our biggest RB as FB and fastest as TB.

Honestly not sure what we ran in the 60s during our initial uprising as before my time and not sure many of these games on video. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Yes, we are familiar with the veer. Our former coach wrote the book on it. Literally. "The Explosive Veer Offense for Winning Football" by Jim Wacker and Don Morton. I don't think it works as well when the defense is so fast. Like Safety Colton Heagle. I think he did a good job with shutting down the triple threat when we played Georgia Southern while they were still in the FCS.