Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Eve Statistics

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Christmas Eve Statistics

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yes having better players than the other team makes comebacks much more likely
    Both great players and the coaches that brought them to that point!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

NDSU's FCS playoff record is 40-3 (.930)
    NDSU has the second most playoff wins in FCS history (Georgia Southern is #1 at 45-13.)
    NDSU actually had a chance to play Appalachian State in 2011 and 2012 but App lost their first playoff game (at home) both years.
    NDSU, Georgia Southern, Youngstown State, and Marshall are the only four teams better than .750 in the playoffs.

Source: Bisonville.com - FCS Playoff Teams

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU's FCS playoff record is 40-3 (.930)
    NDSU has the second most playoff wins in FCS history (Georgia Southern is #1 at 45-13.)
    NDSU actually had a chance to play Appalachian State in 2011 and 2012 but App lost their first playoff game (at home) both years.
    NDSU, Georgia Southern, Youngstown State, and Marshall are the only four teams better than .750 in the playoffs.

Source: Bisonville.com - FCS Playoff Teams
    Could tie GA Southern as early as next year if my math is correct.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Could tie GA Southern as early as next year if my math is correct.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Your math is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Your math is correct.
    Heck, could pass them, but it's a long shot. NDSU would have to make the playoffs without getting a seed and that would set up five potential playoff games.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Heck, could pass them, but it's a long shot. NDSU would have to make the playoffs without getting a seed and that would set up five potential playoff games.
    I remember fantasizing about Trey Lance's '19 season. We would win out in the Valley, but due to an impossible set of circumstances going undefeated in the Valley wasn't good enough for a seed. Then blast through the playoffs.

17-0, first D1 team EVER to do it.

If the BV fan guide is up to date, then the upcoming game in Frisco will mean that NDSU has played in as many FCS playoff games as they did DII playoff games. Hard to believe so quickly. If the fan guide isn't updated during the year, then this already happened!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Oops, I read it wrong. There is already one more FCS playoff game than DII playoff game. Unreal.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Stats for the 2022 New Year:

• Since 2000, the FCS playoffs have featured 95 different teams, 333 different matchups, and 11 different champions (Montana State could be the 12th.)
    • DII had 115 different teams, 367 different matchups, and 11 different champions despite regionalization.
    • Since 2010, NDSU has played 23 different teams in the playoffs in 43 total games. Alabama has only played 13 non-conference P5 teams (not just in the playoffs) in that time - a total of 24 games. NDSU has played 52 different DI teams in that same time.
    • And this is good news (IMO), but NDSU is scheduled to play three brand spanking new opponents next year: Arizona, Drake, and NC A&T. And, heck, if NDSU makes the playoffs, it might be more new teams.

95 different teams in the FCS playoffs is surprising. I would have guessed around 50.
    It's OK to not be OK.