Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More talent, less development?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: More talent, less development?

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Wondered that myself, just stupid if you ask me.
    I saw Cam do it. Pretty poor football acumen was my immediate thought. Common Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I saw Cam do it. Pretty poor football acumen was my immediate thought. Common Man!
    Did he do it when he scored on the jmu side? In front of their crowd and players?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Did he do it when he scored on the jmu side? In front of their crowd and players?
    Cam did it too. So did Pierce. It must be a thing now. I don't get it.

Thought maybe Cam was shushing the h8ters, mostly Kev and myself. Other than that it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cam did it too. So did Pierce. It must be a thing now. I don't get it.

Thought maybe Cam was shushing the h8ters, mostly Kev and myself. Other than that it makes no sense.
    I don’t hate cam.

He’s just unlucky to share the roster with the Frankenstein combination of Wentz Easton and walker.

Also in the case of jmu it probably just means stfu gtfo
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I wanted to expand on this. Here's why I believe that NDSU is the best developmental program in the FCS:

1. NDSU's S&C cannot be topped
    2. NDSU has recruited players who want to get better
    3. NDSU doesn't go shopping for P5 drop downs
    4. The number of walk-ons who excel is unmatched

I mean, I can't think of any school that does it better... if so, I'd like to know who? SDSU might be able to make a claim and that's it.
    Honestly SDSU does more with less than we do. They recruit absolute nobodies, and turn them into a team that can beat anybody in the subdivision.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    No idea where to post this, figured here was as good as any other thread.

When did it become popular for players to put their finger up to their mouths to hush the crowd in their home stadium? I saw the Bison do it a number of times during the playoffs.

I always assumed that was a gesture reserved for when the opposing team scores or makes a big play to take the home crowd out of it.
    I never saw any shushing gestures, but several times I would see offensive players doing the "quiet down" gesture to the crowd to keep us quiet anytime we got above church quiet.

I liked it. Keeps us in our place, and maintains our homefield advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Honestly SDSU does more with less than we do. They recruit absolute nobodies, and turn them into a team that can beat anybody in the subdivision.
    They have been fortunate with some recruiting lately the qb that got hurt in the final, his only offer was from the bunnies at fcs level y Strong they found in Arkansas lightly recruited. I am glad stigy got a extension, instead of hiring one of those younger coaches

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Really, I think SDSU recruiting is underrated. It's not like they developed Isaiah Davis, Pierre Strong or their WRs - they were players from the day they stepped on the verdant pastures of Brookings, but Goedert sure wasn't. They've done a really good job.

The bottom line is that SDSU closed the gap with NDSU quite considerably... but, as they know, that gap, no matter how small, can become a canyon in the playoffs.

gavin2126 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Really, I think SDSU recruiting is underrated. It's not like they developed Isaiah Davis, Pierre Strong or their WRs - they were players from the day they stepped on the verdant pastures of Brookings, but Goedert sure wasn't. They've done a really good job.

The bottom line is that SDSU closed the gap with NDSU quite considerably... but, as they know, that gap, no matter how small, can become a canyon in the playoffs.
    Yeah the Bunnies do a good job of recruiting both good talent and underrated talent. Honestly if their coaching was better that team would be really scary.