Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More talent, less development?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default More talent, less development?

Not taking about players but coaches. We're arguably more talented than any other team in the division year in year out now. Do you think that's holding back coaches from getting better play calling/scheming? Right now we can have a poor plan with mistakes and execute it at B+ level. And win most games. Adjustments? Eh it'll work eventually. And it usually does. Because we're better than they are

Default Re: More talent, less development?

we finished top 4 with our backups last spring basically in the fcs.. what do you think
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Our development goes through the roof when you have winter camp, pretty much every year. That's like an extra 3 weeks of practice for the younger or inexperienced players and since school is done, it's 100% of their focus. To get a grasp of what 3 weeks gives you... regular fall camp is only 4 weeks and towards the end, classes start.

Only 2 teams in the nation get that. Then you got your spring ball, which really isn't too far removed from Frisco.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Am I surprised Chapo read nothing I wrote? No, I am not. Herdbot, I am disappointed, not mad, just disappointed. Talking about coaches getting better and whether that's hampered by our superior talent

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think to many this is the case since ME took over
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Am I surprised Chapo read nothing I wrote? No, I am not. Herdbot, I am disappointed, not mad, just disappointed. Talking about coaches getting better and whether that's hampered by our superior talent
    I don't think so, but I get what you're saying. It's easy to just run power. It seems like historically, we are worse when we try to get more complicated. Remember Carson Wentz? He's in and we lose to Montana and USD and the things get simplified for Stick and we are better because of it. What frustrated me about our offense was how we tried so hard to not do what we are good at. We got back to it, and now we're good

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I mean they don't even practice the 2 minute drill. Timeouts drive me crazy. Yeah it's nice to have them when you need them but just go back and read the first sentence in this post. I feel you go into halftime with 3 timeouts maybe the coach isn't coaching. Sdsu being a perfect example. When they did the trick play. Matt needed to call timeout. Gets caught up watching the game. The talent is definitely slowing coach development. Not a doubt in my mind.

Lardsin must go!

Wonder how long they've been working on that flying V allow a blocked punt formation?

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I mean they don't even practice the 2 minute drill. Timeouts drive me crazy. Yeah it's nice to have them when you need them but just go back and read the first sentence in this post. I feel you go into halftime with 3 timeouts maybe the coach isn't coaching. Sdsu being a perfect example. When they did the trick play. Matt needed to call timeout. Gets caught up watching the game. The talent is definitely slowing coach development. Not a doubt in my mind.
    There was no indication it was a trick play until the ball was snapped. How do you call a time out after the ball was snapped?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    There was no indication it was a trick play until the ball was snapped. How do you call a time out after the ball was snapped?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    They rushed to the line. Go back and watch. I've already said this in the game thread. The trick was the icing on the cake. The defense wouldn't have stopped a dive up the middle either because they weren't ready. It was fourth down. Call timeout.

Lardsin must go!