Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Contact the City on Fargodome upgrades / poor operations

Default Re: Contact the City on Fargodome upgrades / poor operations

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Do you realize most major college stadiums are bleachers? It's why they can hold so many people. Want to increase capacity in the Fargodome? Replace all individual seats with bleachers. 25k easily.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Fargodome's dual roles though likely prevent bleachers from being an option. Doubt City of Fargo would want to remove the seating due to it's use of concerts and other events. Football only stadium... sure though.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Fargodome's dual roles though likely prevent bleachers from being an option. Doubt City of Fargo would want to remove the seating due to it's use of concerts and other events. Football only stadium... sure though.
    Exactly. It will never happen. Just pointing out those saying the other stadiums installing bleachers are small time.

Do you realize most major college stadiums are bleachers? It's why they can hold so many people. Want to increase capacity in the Fargodome? Replace all individual seats with bleachers. 25k easily.

Iowa has bleacher. They had to increase the seat size because people are now bigger and if you got there too late you didnt have a place to sit. In doing so they lost capacity.

Bleacher seating sucks. Period.

But besides that--my initial post had nothing to do with capacity. It had everything to do with supposed improvements which werent as they still had bleacher seating.

Who said bleacher seating was small time?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Iowa has bleacher. They had to increase the seat size because people are now bigger and if you got there too late you didnt have a place to sit. In doing so they lost capacity.

Bleacher seating sucks. Period.

But besides that--my initial post had nothing to do with capacity. It had everything to do with supposed improvements which werent as they still had bleacher seating.

Who said bleacher seating was small time?
    You did. Others were posting about all the other stadium upgrades and you said the new stadiums are still just aluminum bleachers as if they aren't really upgrades.

I attended an Ohio State Michigan game. The stadium held 110k people. But there is no way it could seat 110k people because we stood sideways the entire game. If we all had to turn and sit we wouldn't fit.

Americans need to get narrower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Americans need to get narrower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You couldn't sit 110k skinny people in Michigan stadium. Especially since the aisles also had people standing sideways. It was very cool!

You did. Others were posting about all the other stadium upgrades and you said the new stadiums are still just aluminum bleachers as if they aren't really upgrades.

I attended an Ohio State Michigan game. The stadium held 110k people. But there is no way it could seat 110k people because we stood sideways the entire game. If we all had to turn and sit we wouldn't fit.

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Wonder if we could prompt a response and some action from Dave Piepkorn... former Bison player, former FargoDome Authority commission member, current Fargo City Commissioner. I'm sure he'd LOVE to hear from us!

The student section at Dacotah Field used to be like that in the 1980s. We sat in sideline seats for one of the playoff games and they seemed wider than the end zone seats we were in the week before and after.

You couldn't sit 110k skinny people in Michigan stadium. Especially since the aisles also had people standing sideways. It was very cool!

It's OK to not be OK.

NDSU finally sending out an online satisfaction survey to ticket holders but not having anyone test it to make sure it works properly....very Matt Larsen.