Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Contact the City on Fargodome upgrades / poor operations

Default Re: Contact the City on Fargodome upgrades / poor operations

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Arlette Preston thought it would be the largest grain bin in the country.
    She was totally against the Red Hawks stadium too.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    She was totally against the Red Hawks stadium too.
    And she is running for Mayor of Fargo and some how on City Commission. lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

First, tear the roof and build an upper deck on four sides then build a new roof. 30k to 40k Stadium. or Build a new stadium west side of the Fargodome then tear the FargoDome to become more parking space.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcubs View Post
    First, tear the roof and build an upper deck on four sides then build a new roof. 30k to 40k Stadium. or Build a new stadium west side of the Fargodome then tear the FargoDome to become more parking space.
    We should take Bikini Bottom, and push it somewhere else!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I will say this again. Most of the surplus is from the sales tax that ran for 20 years. Growth in sales was much larger than anticipated over that 20-year period. The debt on construction of the building was paid off and the rest left in the surplus fund. Investment gains over the past decade have fueled the surplus fund also. The bulk of the surplus did not come from operating income.
    True. Average surplus is around 500k. That's only like 5 million a decade. Like you said, the surplus fund has been boosted by the stock market

But it's still important to note that most facilities lose money and the Fargodome has made money every year do they have been able to let the surplus grow. Even 2020, they lost money but got it covered by a shuddered staged grant

Either way the surplus, and naming rights, can be used as part of a renovation. I still think a sales tax will pass if its a broad use and has an attached conference center as well as some public benefits

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    True. Average surplus is around 500k. That's only like 5 million a decade. Like you said, the surplus fund has been boosted by the stock market

But it's still important to note that most facilities lose money and the Fargodome has made money every year do they have been able to let the surplus grow. Even 2020, they lost money but got it covered by a shuddered staged grant

Either way the surplus, and naming rights, can be used as part of a renovation. I still think a sales tax will pass if its a broad use and has an attached conference center as well as some public benefits
    Fairly easy to run a surplus when no money is put back into what you offer to public/patrons.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Fairly easy to run a surplus when no money is put back into what you offer to public/patrons.
    And if that doesn't work you could close half the vendors and cut some expenses.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    And if that doesn't work you could close half the vendors and cut some expenses.
    Yep—that’s their progressive strategy.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Arlette Preston thought it would be the largest grain bin in the country.
    You're right, I remember that exact quote. Reason enough to not vote for her. Without the dome, we would have flooded like Grand Forks

But she loved the Performing Arts Center. Talk about "not thinking big."

Full disclosure, I supported the performing Arts Center too but the dome was a no brainer

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Without the dome, we would have flooded like Grand Forks
    Huh?
    10 char
    Get your BB tickets now!!!