Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Contact the City on Fargodome upgrades / poor operations

Default Re: Contact the City on Fargodome upgrades / poor operations

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Until they figure out pretzels the whole thing is a fail.
    By accident I ordered a pretzel at the dome this past season. Never again! I don't know how you can make a soft pretzel any harder (que Izzy response here).

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For how long some of these issues have lasted, I seriously doubt the FargoDome is going to look at fixing anything. My bet is they will run the place into the ground and then hope their surplus is big enough to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    For how long some of these issues have lasted, I seriously doubt the FargoDome is going to look at fixing anything. My bet is they will run the place into the ground and then hope their surplus is big enough to replace it.
    I disagree. There is no universe where the surplus in the maintenance and improvement fund is sufficient to outright replace the facility and the people in these positions are not delusional enough to think that is possible. Doesn’t mean that they have the desire or wherewithal to get the sorely needed improvements done. Just saying that’s not the reason.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    The surplus would barely be enough to cover demolition, build a new east lobby, and to replace the video boards and turf.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    I agree with you, but somehow it looks like they have ONLY done the big things right as they have like a $60M surplus or something right now.

somehow, its worked out for them. But the time has come to fix all the small #$%^
    I could probably run a business and generate a $60M 'surplus' if someone gave me free plant and equipment (the taxpayers funded the construction of the Fargodome).
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I could probably run a business and generate a $60M 'surplus' if someone gave me free plant and equipment (the taxpayers funded the construction of the Fargodome).
    Sure, but at the same time the building has financially outperformed the expectations that it was approved on. They’ve likely been to slow to deploy their accumulated war chest over the last decade to adapt to a changing event landscape, but I think that’s got more to do with local political nonsense than outright mismanagement. That’s just my impression.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Sure, but at the same time the building has financially outperformed the expectations that it was approved on. They’ve likely been to slow to deploy their accumulated war chest over the last decade to adapt to a changing event landscape, but I think that’s got more to do with local political nonsense than outright mismanagement. That’s just my impression.
    I don't disagree. I'm just saying turning a "profit" isn't necessarily too impressive. You are right that they have outperformed expectations.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I will say this again. Most of the surplus is from the sales tax that ran for 20 years. Growth in sales was much larger than anticipated over that 20-year period. The debt on construction of the building was paid off and the rest left in the surplus fund. Investment gains over the past decade have fueled the surplus fund also. The bulk of the surplus did not come from operating income.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I will say this again. Most of the surplus is from the sales tax that ran for 20 years. Growth in sales was much larger than anticipated over that 20-year period. The debt on construction of the building was paid off and the rest left in the surplus fund. Investment gains over the past decade have fueled the surplus fund also. The bulk of the surplus did not come from operating income.
    This is true. It is also true that the financial performance of the FargoDome has consistently exceeded the estimates that it was approved based on.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    This is true. It is also true that the financial performance of the FargoDome has consistently exceeded the estimates that it was approved based on.
    Arlette Preston thought it would be the largest grain bin in the country.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.