Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Contact the City on Fargodome upgrades / poor operations

Default Re: Contact the City on Fargodome upgrades / poor operations

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    He said they have a committee looking into things that sounded like he was reading off a list he lifted straight from Bisonville. I won't hold my breathe but I'm glad they are at least looking into things.

One thought that crossed my mind is I hope they don't think creating new opportunities for the elite(either $$ or TM points) is going to solve this problem.
    If he said increasing the dip n dots spoon size... that's a dead give away.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    If he said increasing the dip n dots spoon size... that's a dead give away.
    Until they figure out pretzels the whole thing is a fail.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Until they figure out pretzels the whole thing is a fail.
    If they cant do the small things right they sure hell arent going to do the big things right either.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If they cant do the small things right they sure hell arent going to do the big things right either.
    Exactly! .
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I may ask them where they got the data for half capacity spend vs full capacity spend.
    Probably look at concession revenue totals on the half shows vs the full?? And divide by the total attendance to get per person spend?

It would make sense, because if you don't have to stand in line for 20 minutes to get something, you'll probably go back multiple times. Beer especially.

If the line is 2-3 mins, beer will be purchased 4-5 times or more.
    If the line is 15-20 mins, no one wants to miss half of the concert to stand in line for beer, so they won't make 4-5 trips.
    Last edited by Wolfie; 01-18-2022 at 12:05 AM.

Things don't get any smaller than dip n dots spoons

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I may ask them where they got the data for half capacity spend vs full capacity spend.
    Going out on a limb here, but they probably just checked their cash registers at the end of the night, and then divided the profit by the quantity of people who attended the event.

Just asked by 5 year old, and he did confirm this is how to calculate an average, so I know I'm right
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I agree with you, but somehow it looks like they have ONLY done the big things right as they have like a $60M surplus or something right now.

somehow, its worked out for them. But the time has come to fix all the small #$%^

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    I agree with you, but somehow it looks like they have ONLY done the big things right as they have like a $60M surplus or something right now.

somehow, its worked out for them. But the time has come to fix all the small #$%^
    Nutty part about it is they don't have the surplus without their anchor tenant and best customer in NDSU......I sure hope they get serious.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Nutty part about it is they don't have the surplus without their anchor tenant and best customer in NDSU......I sure hope they get serious.
    They probably still have a surplus, but definitely not to the same level.

But if they didn't have NDSU, they would have 9 extra Saturdays per year to book major concerts and events to offset it

Either way if the experience sucks for Bison fans, it sucks for Garth Brooks fans

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com