Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal & Roster Moves & Recruiting & Such

Default Re: Transfer Portal & Roster Moves & Recruiting & Such

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Considering how NDSU hit the jackpot with Braydon Thomas, I wouldn't mind if the Bison started looking at D2 players a little more.
    And with the number of seniors this year on the DL, including Thomas, would not be surprised to see NDSU have interest at that position. Getting Spencer Waege back will be like getting a Grad Transfer in. Are any of Logan McCormick, Costner Ching, Lane Tucker coming back? I don’t think so, but not sure. How about Barty Ogbu?

Considering how NDSU hit the jackpot with Braydon Thomas, I wouldn't mind if the Bison started looking at D2 players a little more.
    I agree but it depends on the position. D2 players will go a little more under the radar than FBS programs. Also the great D2 teams are loaded with talent, especially in Minnesota. Imagine if the transfer portal existed when Phil Hanson was playing. A guy like Michael Beutow has been a good situational player too. The D2 guys seem to be a bit more appreciative of the opportunity. A guy like Braden Thomas wanted to play here from the get go. Mankato is a really good programs but we bitch when we only draw 15k when Mankato averaged 3,750 fans in a 2019 season when they made the National Championship game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Since then has also picked up other offers including Southern Illinois, Indiana State, Sam Houston
    I would like to see NDSU get a couple 300 lb. DTs like Williams. They have been a little light at that position. I think the last dominant DT was Nate Tanguay.
    Last edited by Bisman; 01-03-2022 at 09:42 PM.

NCAA Transfer Portal
    @RivalsPortal
    ·
    Dec 31, 2021

2017 QB Kyle Vantrease entered the portal as a grad transfer after passing for 4,757 yards and 25 TD during his Buffalo career
    Wyoming offers

650 FBS players in the transfer portal remain uncommitted... that's nearly 70% of all the FBS players that have gone into the portal since 8/1.

https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/sta...02288878837766

I can't imagine the FCS percentages are any better and are likely worse (in terms of a higher percentage of players in the transfer portal without a new home yet). I think at some point we're going to see this hyper-transfer activity cool down... probably never to what it was in the pre-portal days but less than it has been over the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    650 FBS players in the transfer portal remain uncommitted... that's nearly 70% of all the FBS players that have gone into the portal since 8/1.

https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/sta...02288878837766

I can't imagine the FCS percentages are any better and are likely worse (in terms of a higher percentage of players in the transfer portal without a new home yet). I think at some point we're going to see this hyper-transfer activity cool down... probably never to what it was in the pre-portal days but less than it has been over the last couple years.
    That doesn't seem sustainable. I'm wondering how many scholarships FBS schools were cutting each year before the transfer portal to make room for new signees?

That doesn't seem sustainable. I'm wondering how many scholarships FBS schools were cutting each year before the transfer portal to make room for new signees?
    This got me thinking about the number of schollies that were opened up from kids leaving teams before I wonder how many of these players would have simply left their team in years past. Every team has some attrition each year but the portal allows for these kids to put their name in the portal instead of just leaving. I don't think it's a large number but it has to be some small percentage.

Not sure what this means what with addl COVID eligibility and all. Seems to be begging for context and discussion beyond 140 characters.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Spencer Rattler from OK ended up at South Carolina...maybe Zeb can teach him a thing or two about being a qb.....or more likely at least how to throw hail mary's at the end of a half.

Crazy how the transfer portal works. Oklahoma had what many pundits thought was a pre-season All American in Rattler. He got benched, and the freshman Williams turned out to be a monster. Now both are gone and they have to start from scratch.
    Although, Williams leaving probably had more to do with their coach leaving. Rattler left because he knew he'd never start again.

James Madison 2nd Team All-American Antwane Wells Jr in transfer portal

Wells Jr. had a breakout season, breaking all three JMU single-season receiving records. He recorded 83 receptions for 1,250 yards and 15 touchdowns. Wells Jr. turned in six 100-yard games and five games with two or more scores to tie for the nation's lead in receiving touchdowns. He also ranked top 20 nationally in receptions per game (5.9) and receiving yards per outing (89.3).
    https://jmusports.com/news/2021/12/2...rica-team.aspx

Miami, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia Tech are among his offers so far