Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal & Roster Moves & Recruiting & Such

Default Re: Transfer Portal & Roster Moves & Recruiting & Such

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    So I see the article is dated April 1st so I'm a little cautious but did lsu really have their entire men's basketball team enter the transfer portal????
    Yes - this is completely nuts. Every scholarship player they had on the entire roster is either turning pro or transferring for LSU. That is at SEC school who played in the tournament, too! The pay checks must have stop coming in for them players from the coach.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Yes - this is completely nuts. Every scholarship player they had on the entire roster is either turning pro or transferring for LSU. That is at SEC school who played in the tournament, too! The pay checks must have stop coming in for them players from the coach.
    They're under investigation for some major violations and likely have some penalties coming, everyone getting out while they can. They canned their coach before the NCAA tournament started.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

I would think there is some serious NIL money that can could be distributed to whoever plays at LSU whether they have sanctions or not from program boosters.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    I would think there is some serious NIL money that can could be distributed to whoever plays at LSU whether they have sanctions or not from program boosters.
    Speaking of nil going to be interesting to see if these 18 to 22 year old file their taxes right.

Big don't do taxes and drive campaign in South Dakota right now.

Lardsin must go!

https://247sports.com/Player/Aidan-B...school-212578/

Aidan Bouman - big lefty QB at Iowa State, from Buffalo MN, in the transfer portal…….
    I hear NDSU could use a big lefty QB……

Bouman was an early offer/early commit to Iowa State, perhaps slowing down getting more offers. Will be interesting to see where he ends up at. Does he stay FBS? Or drop to the MVFC?
    Anyone know how Northern Iowa is situated for QB’s for next season?

oh crap. Jammer's kid would be awesome here. I'm gonna have to text my man Tod's. Jammer was his HS nickname back when I knew him.

Aiden & Cole. 2 Kenny Stablers?. hot dayum!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/sho...=1#post3054239

The NCAA's webpage allows you to see the data for particular sports and for FBS football, that data isn't pretty at all. For FCS transfers, however, that data is downright fubugly. Only 27% of FCS players going into the portal end up with a scholarship at any level on the other side. That's still 2.5x better than the results for FCS walk-ons (11%).
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Am I reading the data wrong? It looks to me like over half of the FCS scholarship student/athletes are still in the portal with about 1/3 getting a scholarship at a new school and 1/9 not getting any financial aid at the destination school.
    https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2022/4/2...er-trends.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    https://www.anygivensaturday.com/sho...=1#post3054239

The NCAA's webpage allows you to see the data for particular sports and for FBS football, that data isn't pretty at all. For FCS transfers, however, that data is downright fubugly. Only 27% of FCS players going into the portal end up with a scholarship at any level on the other side. That's still 2.5x better than the results for FCS walk-ons (11%).
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Am I reading the data wrong? It looks to me like over half of the FCS scholarship student/athletes are still in the portal with about 1/3 getting a scholarship at a new school and 1/9 not getting any financial aid at the destination school.
    https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2022/4/2...er-trends.aspx
    I read "Remain active in the transfer portal" as no one wants them.

That will slow things down!

533 In a row