Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting into the FargoDome

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Getting into the FargoDome

The Fargodome experience has taken many steps backwards in the last decade. From metal detectors to Barney Fife wanding my belt buckle. The concessions are ridiculously priced for the quality, it's almost laughable. The whole experience is D2. Thankfully, the quality of play is still high, but our administration is on cruise control. We/I deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Ageists!

"What you are now, we once were; what we are now, you shall be."….Mother of All Bison
    Im 69. I have never felt so sorry for anyone as I did for a very elderly lady who the dome had trying to run a cash register at a basketball game. She had no knowledge
    on how to run it and how to handle money in a customer public setting. She was shaking so bad and almost ready to cry. I felt so bad . I looked at the dome supervisor who was watch her and I said "really". He says--we cant find anyone. I said " what are you doing tonight"?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Im 69. I have never felt so sorry for anyone as I did for a very elderly lady who the dome had trying to run a cash register at a basketball game. She had no knowledge
    on how to run it and how to handle money in a customer public setting. She was shaking so bad and almost ready to cry. I felt so bad . I looked at the dome supervisor who was watch her and I said "really". He says--we cant find anyone. I said " what are you doing tonight"?
    Nice.......

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I set off the metal detector and only had the kind of belt buckle that comes with the belt and gold wedding band. Maybe they were too sensitive?
    I large/med belt buckle can set it off by itself. Ring is nothing. Depending on boots can also set them off by themselves. Metal shank in most boots. Nails in lots of of boots. Heels/ anything with height likely has screws and shank. Knees and hips will set them off. Pretty rare shoulder or elbow stuff ever has enough metal. Fyi

Amazing. And the dome continually runs a surplus. How do they do it????
    They've actually been really fiscally responsible but a 50 million dollar surplus isn't going to mean anything if attendance drops, we lose concerts to Sioux Falls and they have to fund losses. Because if things don't change, that's going to happen. Or worst case it turns into the Fargo Civic that is essentially vacant and has fallen into disrepair

The dome is 30. Most venues have had 2 major renovations in 30 years and the Metrodome was demolished after 32 years.

With a 50 million dollar principal, they should be able to finance something and pay for it with the earnings

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

At least you're nice to her. People have a right to be pissed, but not at the employees. Maybe if they took the time to show a sweet old lady how to do it, she would want to come back. Bet she doesn't

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    At least you're nice to her. People have a right to be pissed, but not at the employees. Maybe if they took the time to show a sweet old lady how to do it, she would want to come back. Bet she doesn't
    When I got up to pay I just told her to Take a deep breath, take your time and I wasnt in any hurry. She seemed relieved. She finally game me my change. I then told her to not rush her self, dont get flustered and you will do just fine. She smiled and thanked me.

What I really wanted to do was give her a couple of hundred dollars and tell her to go home and then slap the dog shit out of the supervisor..
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 12-20-2021 at 04:59 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

When I got up to pay I just told her to Take a deep breath, take your time and I wasnt in any hurry. She seemed relieved. She finally game me my change. I then told her to not rush her self, dont get flustered and you will do just fine. She smiled and thanked me.

What I really wanted to do was give her a couple of hundred dollars and tell her to go home and slap the dog shit out of the supervisor..
    She lives with the supervisor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    She lives with the supervisor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going into the game is complete chaos. I am not sure if I have been to another event where I had to wait outside in the middle of winter for 25 minutes before we got in the doors. Imagine any competing entertainment option experience where you put up with waiting for 25 minutes outside.

We had several girls with us that were completely frozen before we got in. I would love to see some of the decision makers wait with us in line to see if they think it is a good process for season ticket holders.

Getting in the doors is very similar to the bottleneck that is self created by only allowing tailgating rigs to enter the tailgate lot thru the middle of the tailgate lot..one at a time...when we know there are several entrances that could be used but are blocked off.