Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting into the FargoDome

Default Re: Getting into the FargoDome

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Honestly that's why I started this one in the football thread. This needs to be fixed before too many people are completely turned off from NDSU football because they don't want to deal with this anymore. I'll be honest, last night I started to wonder if I have to deal with this much more if it is worth the hassle anymore.
    I understand that’s why you started this thread, but there are several other threads addressing other, yet similar things that need to be addressed/discussed.

Give me til tomorrow and I’ll get something started.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

People need to use common sense. Dont wait 15-30 minutes before the kick off to try and get in to the game. Getting 12k people in to the stadium in that window aint happening.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We need to start and have a consolidated thread on gameday experience, tailgating, parking and traffic flow. NDSU and the media read this platform and they need to hear from us.

Bowler and I literally bumped into each other at the east entrance. Sounds like he got in before I did. I’ve posted several times about different issues related to the thread I suggest above. Let’s do it and get a dialogue going here. There are many intelligent people on this board (majority I would argue) with many good and solid ideas. Let’s express/discuss them here and hopefully get someone from here on the committee that must be formed to address all the issues.

Heck, you’d be a good candidate, Gabe. Let’s get this discussion started and consolidated to one thread.

Just my thoughts ...
    I'll start a thread in the next few days...

We can start by contacting the Fargo City Commissioners. Tony Gehrig will adamantly oppose it. Dave Piepkorn will support it but he will likely want people to vote on it, because apparently we don't elect people to make decisions. But he would likely support basic upgrades. Mayor Mahoney will support it. Strand and Preston I'm not sure on. Strand is an arts and entertainment guy so possibly. But almost all will support putting it to the voters

The Fargodome Authority does all these renderings and studies, but sit on their ass. I think we need to pressure them to vote on it and them see if the Commission Punts

The FM Convention and Visitors Bureau does a good job with numbers, and their revenue comes from hotel taxes, so they might be a good start

The reality is the dome brings in 60 million a year to the community. Without question, it's the best investment the city had ever made but that was 30 years ago and structurally, is almost identical. It's only 10 years younger than the Metrodome

The election is coming up soon. One of the commissions can make a motion to put a sales tax or hotel tax on the ballot for major upgrades

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    People need to use common sense. Dont wait 15-30 minutes before the kick off to try and get in to the game. Getting 12k people in to the stadium in that window aint happening.
    Agreed, but for every other Friday night Semi final I'm racing to the dome to get there in time due to work responsibilities and NEVER had an issue. This year was the only year I've missed kickoff and I was able to leave work an hour before the game instead of only 30 minutes before.

Not subscribing to that, Pat. It’s a shitshow. My Sturgis concert experience is 100 times better with 70-80K peeps flooding the gates 30 mins or less before start. My NASCAR experience is way better as well. There is a problem at the Dome, and it need to be fixed/revamped.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

it's been bad all year, when you have geriatric's trying to push the stupid cups for your keys thru and 2 other old farts trying to scan tickets and they fiddle and fumble with them..

THATS the problem. sorry. make some college kids do it for study money or whatever they call that.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not subscribing to that, Pat. It’s a shitshow. My Sturgis concert experience is 100 times better with 70-80K peeps flooding the gates 30 mins or less before start. My NASCAR experience is way better as well. There is a problem at the Dome, and it need to be fixed/revamped.
    Ive never had any issues getting in. I did notice that there werent as many doors open for entering fans. My bet is---didnt have the employees to man the stations.

Strurgis and Nascar are used to crushing crowds. They dont have grandma and grandpa working the doors trying to pick up extra depends money.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

We had very few problems pre metal detectors. Maybe people wouldn't be as pissed If they didn't have to stand in 9 degree temperatures with a 20 mph wind

But this issue is much deeper than metal detectors. It's narrow concourses, long vendor lines, lack of bathrooms, bottlenecking lines, no food in the 4th quarter, no suites, no wifi, no decent cell service, shitty food, the inability to attract private vendors to operate in the corners, etc. Not sure why the dome has to staff them. I have a buddy who owns a food truck and he would kill it in those empty corners with the 2 owners running it. Haven't even gotten to walking all the way up to row KK

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We had very few problems pre metal detectors. Maybe people wouldn't be as pissed If they didn't have to stand in 9 degree temperatures with a 20 mph wind

But this issue is much deeper than metal detectors. It's narrow concourses, long vendor lines, lack of bathrooms, bottlenecking lines, no food in the 4th quarter, no suites, no wifi, no decent cell service, shitty food, the inability to attract private vendors to operate in the corners, etc. Not sure why the dome has to staff them. I have a buddy who owns a food truck and he would kill it in those empty corners with the 2 owners running it.
    Amazing. And the dome continually runs a surplus. How do they do it????

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    it's been bad all year, when you have geriatric's trying to push the stupid cups for your keys thru and 2 other old farts trying to scan tickets and they fiddle and fumble with them..

THATS the problem. sorry. make some college kids do it for study money or whatever they call that.
    Ive never had any issues getting in. I did notice that there werent as many doors open for entering fans. My bet is---didnt have the employees to man the stations.

Strurgis and Nascar are used to crushing crowds. They dont have grandma and grandpa working the doors trying to pick up extra depends money.
    Ageists!

"What you are now, we once were; what we are now, you shall be."….Mother of All Bison