Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting into the FargoDome

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Getting into the FargoDome

I know there have been complaints about this in the past but I've personally never seen it, but Friday night was so bad about getting people in the Dome. They have to find a way to get people through the metal detectors faster than what they did on Friday. I walked into the entry way 15 minutes before kickoff, waited for 15 minutes and didn't move. Then decided to go to the North entrance (I didn't know that existed) and it still took 5 more minutes to get through.

I know easy solution is to show up earlier, but Friday night games have been a jam packed schedule for my family, which includes coaching basketball games and racing to the dome. I've left my game at 6:30 and had a 30 minute drive and have never missed kickoff. This Friday we left an hour before kickoff (due to basketball schedules again) and couldn't get in on time. And we all know this is not the only event this has happened with. It needs to be fixed in some way.

Default Re: Getting into the FargoDome

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I know there have been complaints about this in the past but I've personally never seen it, but Friday night was so bad about getting people in the Dome. They have to find a way to get people through the metal detectors faster than what they did on Friday. I walked into the entry way 15 minutes before kickoff, waited for 15 minutes and didn't move. Then decided to go to the North entrance (I didn't know that existed) and it still took 5 more minutes to get through.

I know easy solution is to show up earlier, but Friday night games have been a jam packed schedule for my family, which includes coaching basketball games and racing to the dome. I've left my game at 6:30 and had a 30 minute drive and have never missed kickoff. This Friday we left an hour before kickoff (due to basketball schedules again) and couldn't get in on time. And we all know this is not the only event this has happened with. It needs to be fixed in some way.
    I did not go to the game itself, but wonder if it was taking longer because people had more winter clothes on? Were there less metal detectors being used?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was the worst it has ever been. Showed up 20 min before game. Saw the west lines went across the street so went to East side and line just didnt move. Once kickoff happened they clear got a call to change something because the line started flying. Got to seat 5 min into game.

Completely unacceptable.

Default Getting into the FargoDome

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    It was the worst it has ever been. Showed up 20 min before game. Saw the west lines went across the street so went to East side and line just didnt move. Once kickoff happened they clear got a call to change something because the line started flying. Got to seat 5 min into game.

Completely unacceptable.
    Heads up everyone, it was like this at Toyota Stadium back in January of 2020 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Heads up everyone, it was like this at Toyota Stadium back in January of 2020 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, that was bad, missed half of the 1st qtr
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I did not go to the game itself, but wonder if it was taking longer because people had more winter clothes on? Were there less metal detectors being used?
    I believe they recalibrated the metal detectors. Knowing what you did and didn't need to take off before and the lack off alarming. They were 95% for show. Now they're like 40% for show. Lol

Coincidence. They got metal detectors in 2018 and attendance has constantly declined

Sounds to me like they paid 150k to ruin the fan experience and kill attendance for all events...for a threat that doesn't exist. Those metal detectors salesman were pretty slick.

All the shortcomings of the no longer fabulous Fargodome were discussed here

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...grades/page328

They need to make plans because if it was that bad with 16,500, imagine how bad it would be for a game that actually sold out, much less a 25k seat concert. If they don't spend the surplus, the dome won't have any concerts in 10 years and we could lose major events. It's a major reason why attendance has gone in the shitter. I fucking dread going through it and I havent seen the intro since 2017. And I easily smuggle alcohol in every week
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-20-2021 at 02:52 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Coincidence. They got metal detectors in 2018 and attendance has constantly declined

Sounds to me like they paid 150k to ruin the fan experience and kill attendance for all events...for a threat that doesn't exist. Those metal detectors salesman were pretty slick snakeoil salesman

All the shortcomings of the no longer fabulous Fargodome were discussed here

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...grades/page328

They need to make plans because if it was that bad with 16,500, imagine how bad it would be for a game that actually sold out, much less a 25k seat concert. If they don't spend the surplus, the dome won't have any concerts in 10 years and we could lose major events. It's a major reason why attendance has gone in the shitter. I fucking dread going through it. And I easily smuggle alcohol in every week
    We need to start and have a consolidated thread on gameday experience, tailgating, parking and traffic flow. NDSU and the media read this platform and they need to hear from us.

Bowler and I literally bumped into each other at the east entrance. Sounds like he got in before I did. I’ve posted several times about different issues related to the thread I suggest above. Let’s do it and get a dialogue going here. There are many intelligent people on this board (majority I would argue) with many good and solid ideas. Let’s express/discuss them here and hopefully get someone from here on the committee that must be formed to address all the issues.

Heck, you’d be a good candidate, Gabe. Let’s get this discussion started and consolidated to one thread.

Just my thoughts ...
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We need to start and have a consolidated thread on gameday experience, tailgating, parking and traffic flow. NDSU and the media read this platform and they need to hear from us.

Bowler and I literally bumped into each other at the east entrance. Sounds like he got in before I did. I’ve posted several times about different issues related to the thread I suggest above. Let’s do it and get a dialogue going here. There are many intelligent people on this board (majority I would argue) with many good and solid ideas. Let’s express/discuss them here and hopefully get someone from here on the committee that must be formed to address all the issues.

Heck, you’d be a good candidate, Gabe. Let’s get this discussion started and consolidated to one thread.

Just my thoughts ...
    Honestly that's why I started this one in the football thread. This needs to be fixed before too many people are completely turned off from NDSU football because they don't want to deal with this anymore. I'll be honest, last night I started to wonder if I have to deal with this much more if it is worth the hassle anymore.

I set off the metal detector and only had the kind of belt buckle that comes with the belt and gold wedding band. Maybe they were too sensitive?
    It's OK to not be OK.