Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Montana State

Default Re: NDSU vs Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    And how would this be any different than Grant Olson getting 29 tackles against Wofford in 2012? There were a bunch of studs on that D and he still had to make 29 tackles. Maybe MSU defense was keyed up so that he'd get the tackles just like NDSU was against Wofford. Or perhaps it was just way he played the game against SDSU which IMO is still a cause for concern here because a few well timed tackles can still stop a drive or two or 3. And our OC has struggled with stubborness a few times this year.

I was impressed with their overall defense pass was a bit suspect but SDSU wasn't able to take advantage of that much. I'd say overall season stats their D is not far off from NDSUs. I think it'll be a good game though. Be curious if Tommy Mellot can pick up on NDSU defense as NDSU usually does a pretty good job of disguising their coverage presnap. Sure they'll have lots of things up their sleeves for him due to his somewhat inexperience with gametime snaps, unfortunately they have a guy who is their HC who went up against that every day in practice for 4-5 years, albeit nearly 8-9 years ago.
    I mean wofford only had one guy on offense and it was their fullback. Their “triple option” was to hand it off to Bernstein every play.

The Anderson kid is legit. I don’t know anything about the rest of their defense though. Also don’t know what happens if you run Luepke Williams and QP at him all game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    If anyone doubts Troy Anderson's ability, watch the 4th down stop they had of SDSU in the red zone in half #1. It was like 4th and one, and they ran Strong to the right trying to hit the outside, or cut up for the single yard. It basically ended up with Anderson 1 on 1 with Strong, and with most linebackers, Strong easily gets the yard he needs. Anderson ended up tackling him immediately making it look easy against probably the best back in FCS. That was so impressive.
    I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face Anderson will easily be the best player on the field. He’s a legit nfl talent but has a bum shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I mean wofford only had one guy on offense and it was their fullback. Their “triple option” was to hand it off to Bernstein every play.

The Anderson kid is legit. I don’t know anything about the rest of their defense though. Also don’t know what happens if you run Luepke Williams and QP at him all game.
    Their d-line is elite and they should be getting their 1st team all-Big Sky DT back for this game. I think their secondary is questionable... they've done well with interceptions but tackling has been pretty sketchy in the games of theirs that I've watched.

Big question for me is whether the SDSU game is fool's gold (IOW the Jacks just ran out of gas) or if MSU is really that good in the trenches because they did better against the SDSU lines (which are elite on both sides) than NDSU did. The season averages would indicate to me that MSU's defense is good but not as good as they looked against SDSU.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    If anyone doubts Troy Anderson's ability, watch the 4th down stop they had of SDSU in the red zone in half #1. It was like 4th and one, and they ran Strong to the right trying to hit the outside, or cut up for the single yard. It basically ended up with Anderson 1 on 1 with Strong, and with most linebackers, Strong easily gets the yard he needs. Anderson ended up tackling him immediately making it look easy against probably the best back in FCS. That was so impressive.
    It was actually against Isaiah Davis, which is equally as impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Allotment request notifications are sent out today. Looking back at previous years they've waited until 1-3PM CT to send out the emails so for anyone wondering you'll probably be waiting a few hours longer still.
    Excited to get my dear John notice living life with a ranking in the low 3,000's. I'll have to think of an alternative allotment scheme like Bobcat fans for when I get turned down.

My goodness this should be an exciting game. I haven't been so amped about a game for some time.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    My goodness this should be an exciting game. I haven't been so amped about a game for some time.
    NDSU team with some question marks that you don't expect to just bulldoze teams plus a new opponent in Frisco with a solid NFL talent at LB and a new up and comer at QB makes for some new lines of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Excited to get my dear John notice living life with a ranking in the low 3,000's. I'll have to think of an alternative allotment scheme like Bobcat fans for when I get turned down.
    Does anyone remember what the cutoff was last time?

This is the first time I've even considered that I might be close enough to request from NDSU. I finally passed that 100 point mark this year, and am around 2,400. I'm still expecting a no, but hopeful.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post

This is the first time I've even considered that I might be close enough to request from NDSU. I finally passed that 100 point mark this year, and am around 2,400. I'm still expecting a no, but hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post

Around that 300 point mark is what I was thinking. Not exactly sure, maybe 280 something… I received my full request last time but I’m not too hopeful this year.