Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Montana State

Default Re: NDSU vs Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Any kitties complaining about the bars and business places being all pro Bison?
    Kitties probably hang out down on Cedar Springs Road.

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    SDSU is a team that I think could beat us every single year but be confident they will not win a national championship. That team is built to beat us and then lose to teams they shouldn’t lose to
    I agree. I don't get too concerned about valley programs that have spent a decade recruiting, scouting, and game planning to beat one school. The eat, breath, and shit Bison football 24/7 for around 3650 days now.

We did it in the beginning. NDSU targeted UNI and built a program that would beat the panthers. If we could beat them, we could beat just about anyone. If skeletor or joosy can beat NDSU, they should be able to beat anyone. Usually not a terrible strategy but sometimes it allows for bad match ups with other schools.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I agree. I don't get too concerned about valley programs that have spent a decade recruiting, scouting, and game planning to beat one school. The eat, breath, and shit Bison football 24/7 for around 3650 days now.

We did it in the beginning. NDSU targeted UNI and built a program that would beat the panthers. If we could beat them, we could beat just about anyone. If skeletor or joosy can beat NDSU, they should be able to beat anyone. Usually not a terrible strategy but sometimes it allows for bad match ups with other schools.

After getting beat multiple times, you don’t think that’s what SHSU and MSU have been doing? Their coaches sure talked a lot about doing it.

Default NDSU vs Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    After getting beat multiple times, you don’t think that’s what SHSU and MSU have been doing? Their coaches sure talked a lot about doing it.
    They dont have the luxury of playing us once sometimes twice a year. It’s kind of like going to school for a career vs getting work experience for that career. Sure you can learn a lot in school but until you apply it, it doesn’t mean much

Possible.... or inevitable???

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    SHSU says they are building a program modeled after what NDSU does. Keeler wants to do things like how the Bison do. Skeletor has specifically stated they spend every waking hour recruiting position by position, breaking down play by play, and building a program that down to every man will beat NDSU. Joosy is doing the same thing. Sure it's not much different, but it is slightly nuanced about the way they are all going about it. SDSU has been more successful in creating a program that doesn't match-up well against the Bison. UNI gives the Bison good games.

It doesn't concern me when the bunnies win in the regular season. They are spending pretty much all their resources year round on beating one team. NDSU is still the leader and has to maintain the mindset they set the standard across the board and just recruit the best football players and not the best specific player that matches up with any specific opposing player.

Sdsu struggled in the playoffs against the Bison because now 100% of Bison resources can be used on 1 opponent and I'm sure that bye week is used to look at potential match-ups down the road.

MSU might want to model itself after a program like NDSU by hiring guys like Vigen but they are getting a way of doing things, not the focus to best NDSU year round. They have their own conference to get out of.

I pity any program NDSU gets 3 weeks to prepare to beat. I'm not saying msu can't win but it will require perfect execution on every play. The playoff Bison are a machine that just keeps putting relentless pressure on their opponents for 60 minutes. Most can't overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Possible.... or inevitable???

Can you reduce or eliminate that possibility if you click that "Go Premium" button?

Kind of a funny conversation

Of course many teams are trying to build teams to beat NDSU, your the big dog, the record of what you have done in the last 10 years us unmatched at any level.
    Many teams in the FBS are built to beat Bama, no surprise there either.
    When Choate was hired he said he felt that MSU was a Championship level program, he modeled the team after NDSU and Bama, It took 4 years to get the culture and guys in place to make it a possibility. Vigen was hired not only for he ND ties, but for the simple fact that he had the same philosophy. He changed a few schemes, kept a lot of the same coaches and now we are playing NDSU for a championship rather than the Quarters or Semis. Yes we got a good draw in the bracket if you want to call having to travel to the returning champions place and beat them, then having to beat the previous runner up. Our luck in the draw was that the Big Dog was on the other side of the bracket. I don't think this this is a one off appearance for MSU, this has been build by the university administration from the President on down.

MSU has improved since 19', I'm not sure that NDSU is as good as 19', its a neutral field. I think we have a good shot at this thing if MSU plays like I know they can. Any way it works out I am happy with the progress we have made this year.

Looking ahead I am interested to see what happens at Idaho. they now will have one of your coaches, they are big an physical, if their admins are willing to commit they could become a power in the BSC using the same model as NDSU. WSU and UM are other teams building is similar ways. EWU, UCD and SAC are pass first finesse type teams, I don't see them being a real challenge to any championship any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Can you reduce or eliminate that possibility if you click that "Go Premium" button?
    Not sure... maybe a Bobcat fan can try it???

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not sure... maybe a Bobcat fan can try it???
    Wish I could