Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Montana State

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    They're practically a triple option team right now. I'm still not sold on how good they are up front. They seem designed to rush the big sky pass teams with athletic dl and lb that get good depth. But I'm not sold we can't run on them. They play with outstanding effort that makes they're run d look better than it really is.
    Huh? A triple option team that threw for 70 more yds in the semis then NDSU did? Which was also more passing yds NDSU had against SDSU earlier this year. All with a qb who’s started 3 games?

I’m pretty confident NDSU wins this game by at least 7-10 but MSU isn’t without talent and the coaching matchup alone would have to favor a close game.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

MSU has a legit DLine. They are strong and fast. If I recall correctly, their DE's are very good. I think it'll be hard to have success on the edge. Anderson is a complete stud and will create problems no matter what our boys do. He's particularly good laterally so I'd probably run right at him and just take away a big part of his advantage.

In conclusion, A-Gap.
    Insert something clever here...

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It was all outside runs where Troy Anderson could use his speed to cut them down. Almost no inside power.
    I agree that I would run right at him. His speed is big running sideline to sideline and noticable when he runs the deep middle in cover 2. Fucking disappears off the screen. Lol

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Huh? A triple option team that threw for 70 more yds in the semis then NDSU did? Which was also more passing yds NDSU had against SDSU earlier this year. All with a qb who’s started 3 games?

I’m pretty confident NDSU wins this game by at least 7-10 but MSU isn’t without talent and the coaching matchup alone would have to favor a close game.
    Believe it or not but yes triple option teams tend to take long deep shots, just like msu.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd love to see if he bites on play action. If yes, replace his spot with one of our TE's in the middle of the field. Soften that spot up by just going right at him over and over.
    Insert something clever here...

Here's a fun fact: in the first 14 games of their respective 2021 fall seasons both of these defenses have allowed a total of 6 rushing TDs each. That's pretty good. Makes me hope the Bison offense has the creativity to diversify the redzone play selection more than they showed against JMU.

On a related note NDSU has ran for 41 rushing TDs this fall while Montana St has only ran for 23.

gavin2126 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It was all outside runs where Troy Anderson could use his speed to cut them down. Almost no inside power.
    I'd have to rewatch but I thought Strong was having some success outside and Davis was getting stuffed up the middle. Which really surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    MSU has a legit DLine. They are strong and fast. If I recall correctly, their DE's are very good. I think it'll be hard to have success on the edge. Anderson is a complete stud and will create problems no matter what our boys do. He's particularly good laterally so I'd probably run right at him and just take away a big part of his advantage.

In conclusion, A-Gap.
    If our OC and HC fall into your trap we lose. We need to use the entire width of the field period. Of course they will make plays on the perimeter but being stubborn and stupid running inside would make it easier for them to defend. We need balance!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    They need to stop seeding teams based off how many losses they have.
    Then Northern Iowa would be a 1 seed every year.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

NDSU will become the first program to play in the FCS championship game nine times — all in the last 11 seasons. Add in Montana State's 1984 national title and the two finalists are a combined 9-for-9 in the championship game.
    JMU's body isn't even cold and MSU has taken over.

JFC why do so many reporters NEED to do this?????

Wayne and Brent Gretzky hold the NHL record for most points scored by a pair of brothers—2,857 by Wayne, four by Brent.