Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Montana State

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I've only had beer at three sporting events in my life. The first was a White Sox game in the 1980s where the beer vendor was selling to us high school kids and many of us had "the flu" the next morning (That's what we told the pastor chaperoning a youth group trip from Fargo to Chicago.) Next was the game at Colorado State just because it was the first time I was in a dedicated college stadium that served beer. The last was the Vikings game in London because I wasn't driving and they let you carry up to 6 beers back to your seat in a little carrier.
    Which stadium in London was that just out of curiosity?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Every stadium in America I've been to has a 2-beer limit so it was weird getting a six pack of cups to take back to the seats.
    Several years ago I worked a concession stand at the RCA Dome for my Kiwanis Club. We were one of only 2 stands on the upper level that sold beer. We were always busy. The Colts hosted the Packers in a pre-season game, and many of their fans were sitting in the section above our stand. We had a 4-beer limit per customer and would poor the beers as they were ordered. For this game the Packer fans eventually stopped ordering beer, they just walked up holding up 4 fingers. We had someone dedicated to pouring beer constantly because they were going out as fast as we could pour them. We would normally sell around 300 beers per game and that night we sold 1100. It was a great fundraiser night!

Every stadium in America I've been to has a 2-beer limit so it was weird getting a six pack of cups to take back to the seats.
    If you go to the other football there you can't drink in your seat at all.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I've only had beer at three sporting events in my life. The first was a White Sox game in the 1980s where the beer vendor was selling to us high school kids and many of us had "the flu" the next morning (That's what we told the pastor chaperoning a youth group trip from Fargo to Chicago.) Next was the game at Colorado State just because it was the first time I was in a dedicated college stadium that served beer. The last was the Vikings game in London because I wasn't driving and they let you carry up to 6 beers back to your seat in a little carrier.
    Ha! At the Colorado State game somebody spilled beer over a bunch of folks in front of them. I can't really imagine drinking beer at a football game - especially if I have to hump it back to my row, wriggle down that row in front of a lot of people, and then it's a freaking football game so what if something huge happens? It's the same reasoning when it comes to food and pop. No freaking thanks unless it's halftime.

drinking beer doesn't have to mean missing the game. just use the facilities at half or after the game. or get a catheter.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

The last 5 years in Frisco we started purposely sitting toward the top of the East side on the end of a row. Could damn near go up grab beers and be back in your seat between plays

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    drinking beer doesn't have to mean missing the game. just use the facilities at half or after the game. or get a catheter.
    You suggest that catheter in jest but as the years begin to pass you by you should learn to get comfortable with the reality.

Before the plague descended I was in the Buffalo Ford dealer to get my F150 serviced. As I waited an elderly fellow customer came into the showroom with the urine bag suspended from his belt. Externally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Frisco crowds are a bit higher level than regular season crowds. One does not go to Frisco to knit.
    The atmosphere for the National Championship game is just different—in a solid way. As a fan, you can feel it coming from the field and players. As a player, you can feel it coming from the stands and fans. It’s awesome for all involved. I’m excited for the game!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You suggest that catheter in jest but as the years begin to pass you by you should learn to get comfortable with the reality.

Before the plague descended I was in the Buffalo Ford dealer to get my F150 serviced. As I waited an elderly fellow customer came into the showroom with the urine bag suspended from his belt. Externally.

Old man was a fucking baller.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Old man was a fucking baller.
    You knew him?

Don't believe everything you think.