Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Montana State

Default Re: NDSU vs Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    Kind of a funny conversation

Of course many teams are trying to build teams to beat NDSU, your the big dog, the record of what you have done in the last 10 years us unmatched at any level.
    Many teams in the FBS are built to beat Bama, no surprise there either.
    When Choate was hired he said he felt that MSU was a Championship level program, he modeled the team after NDSU and Bama, It took 4 years to get the culture and guys in place to make it a possibility. Vigen was hired not only for he ND ties, but for the simple fact that he had the same philosophy. He changed a few schemes, kept a lot of the same coaches and now we are playing NDSU for a championship rather than the Quarters or Semis. Yes we got a good draw in the bracket if you want to call having to travel to the returning champions place and beat them, then having to beat the previous runner up. Our luck in the draw was that the Big Dog was on the other side of the bracket. I don't think this this is a one off appearance for MSU, this has been build by the university administration from the President on down.

MSU has improved since 19', I'm not sure that NDSU is as good as 19', its a neutral field. I think we have a good shot at this thing if MSU plays like I know they can. Any way it works out I am happy with the progress we have made this year.

Looking ahead I am interested to see what happens at Idaho. they now will have one of your coaches, they are big an physical, if their admins are willing to commit they could become a power in the BSC using the same model as NDSU. WSU and UM are other teams building is similar ways. EWU, UCD and SAC are pass first finesse type teams, I don't see them being a real challenge to any championship any time soon.
    It's cute when other programs think they have closed the gap. Tomorrow is really going to be a bloodbath. The Bison face everyone's game of the year week in/week out and average about a loss a season for the past decade. Now this is their game of the year. This Bison defense has not been healthy all year and still one of the best in history. I'm not playing along with this puncher's chance anymore. It will be ugly for kitty fans. Got a flight to catch. Ciao baby.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

First timer to Frisco. I'm only here until Sunday morning. What are the must see attractions? What are the must stops for food? And, most importantly, the best party spots?

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    Kind of a funny conversation

Of course many teams are trying to build teams to beat NDSU, your the big dog, the record of what you have done in the last 10 years us unmatched at any level.
    Many teams in the FBS are built to beat Bama, no surprise there either.
    When Choate was hired he said he felt that MSU was a Championship level program, he modeled the team after NDSU and Bama, It took 4 years to get the culture and guys in place to make it a possibility. Vigen was hired not only for he ND ties, but for the simple fact that he had the same philosophy. He changed a few schemes, kept a lot of the same coaches and now we are playing NDSU for a championship rather than the Quarters or Semis. Yes we got a good draw in the bracket if you want to call having to travel to the returning champions place and beat them, then having to beat the previous runner up. Our luck in the draw was that the Big Dog was on the other side of the bracket. I don't think this this is a one off appearance for MSU, this has been build by the university administration from the President on down.

MSU has improved since 19', I'm not sure that NDSU is as good as 19', its a neutral field. I think we have a good shot at this thing if MSU plays like I know they can. Any way it works out I am happy with the progress we have made this year.

Looking ahead I am interested to see what happens at Idaho. they now will have one of your coaches, they are big an physical, if their admins are willing to commit they could become a power in the BSC using the same model as NDSU. WSU and UM are other teams building is similar ways. EWU, UCD and SAC are pass first finesse type teams, I don't see them being a real challenge to any championship any time soon.
    I agree with some, I disagree with some. Montana State has improved, yes. But enough to close the gap from two years ago? I don't think so. Neutral Field is in name only, the only exception was 2011 in the first SHSU-NDSU natty where the stadium was evenly split. Every year since then it has been at least 60% Bison IMO. And that is just counting # of fans in the seats, not measuring the noise said fans make.

The culture at MSU appears to be good and having that solid base to grow on will yield wins in the future. Case in Point, NDSU. Not Jacksonville State with a million FBS transfers. Recruit, train, develop, and pass the knowledge, experience, and mentality on to the next class.

Can't wait to see what a physical, run-the-ball-down-your-throat offense, stout defense, and ball control will do in the Big Fluffy. Those pass happy offensive teams better watch out.

I feel the northern schools of the FCS will start to lead the FCS with these southern schools leaving this round of realignment. More power to the land-grant, salt of the earth school and not the liberal arts colleges.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Suthern speeeeeeeed!

How many fans do you think MSU brings down to Frisco? 3 or 4k?
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    How many fans do you think MSU brings down to Frisco? 3 or 4k?
    You don't think there will be more than that?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    From the Kittieboard. It's not "southern speed" but it'll do. Plus a backhanded dig at the crowd noise in the Fargodome?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
    There is ONE player on MSU that would start on NDSU and that is Troy Anderson.

NDSU is not a good match up for the cats talent and speed wise. I suspect that will be evident on Saturday
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    You don't think there will be more than that?
    From what boots on the ground have told me is it’s still overwhelmingly NDSU fans, I would expect the split to be 70-30 to 60-40 though. Hard to say since the info was from last night and people are still coming in today

NDSU will prolly put their front 7 to focus on MSUs run game with TD (Field Goal) Tommy and Infanse, plus Tutsie being a huge x-factor. He's really good at making tackles near the line of scrimmage. Force Tommy Pickles to throw the ball a ton. Good luck. Theyll get their occasional big runs but can they do it enough? NDSU D will make the necessary adjustments scheme wise and playing wise as the game wears on.

NDSU will use their dynamic run game to move the ball and score just enough. Miller will need to make an occasional pass to be successful. QP will be involved plus hopefully we have Watson. Probably an ugly 23-14, 26-17 type game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    I agree with some, I disagree with some. Montana State has improved, yes. But enough to close the gap from two years ago? I don't think so. Neutral Field is in name only, the only exception was 2011 in the first SHSU-NDSU natty where the stadium was evenly split. Every year since then it has been at least 60% Bison IMO. And that is just counting # of fans in the seats, not measuring the noise said fans make.

The culture at MSU appears to be good and having that solid base to grow on will yield wins in the future. Case in Point, NDSU. Not Jacksonville State with a million FBS transfers. Recruit, train, develop, and pass the knowledge, experience, and mentality on to the next class.

Can't wait to see what a physical, run-the-ball-down-your-throat offense, stout defense, and ball control will do in the Big Fluffy. Those pass happy offensive teams better watch out.

I feel the northern schools of the FCS will start to lead the FCS with these southern schools leaving this round of realignment. More power to the land-grant, salt of the earth school and not the liberal arts colleges.
    I said Neutral field but I wont be surprised if its 60/40 NDSU, Cat fans are loud too.
    For the past 4-5 years WSU has been the physical ball control type of team in the Big Sky that has been tough to get by. For some reason they have had trouble finishing the season though, probably its a depth problem. Choate built a team to beat them and built a lot of depth. Vigen has done a lot to build even more depth. I don't know that MSU has closed the gap all the way, but I feel we are a lot closer than we were in 19'. I know some here are pretty dismissive of any team but that is just part of the Boson schtick, I'm not buying it. With your record I can understand it though. I just think that those that take a serious look at these teams will find that is is a lot closer than some here think. That being said its always possible that MSU goes out and lays and egg on the big stage, I think the team is pretty even keeled though so I don't expect that to happen.

Overall I am happy to be seeing noticeable improvement in our team each year since the Ash era ended. In 2015 we had a high scoring pass oriented offense and an abysmal defense and were under .500, so we have come a long way in a reasonable short time by building a player run culture from the ground up.