Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Montana State

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Visited Bozeman in July and had a great time. Airbnb host was a Cats fan and laughed when he saw our Bison gear. Scared my wife when he showed us the bear mace
    Beautiful state beautiful area but I hope they’re all sulking a little sat afternoon
    PS: good call a ways back on Cincinatti making the college playoffs. I didn’t think it would happen

Well, NDSU has won the last 12 national championship games they were in. A 12-0 run in championship games is pretty good (to the extent that no other program has ever done it), but the last time the Bison lost a championship game was in 1984 which is also the last time the Bobcats played in a national championship game (and they won that game.)

Anyway, here are the Montana State game notes (it's a PDF): MSU Notes vs. North Dakota State (PDF) - Montana State University Athletics (msubobcats.com)

They've got a 250 lb defensive tackle listed as the starter... but their defensive line seemed very, very stout against SDSU. Plus, you know, NDSU has played 9 more games than the Bobcats this year so the Bison are way more worn down... or so the thinking goes.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Those left coast libbies are gonna have a hell of a battle trying to get a foothold here in eastern Mt!!
    Weather like this helps

Wasn't that the game where a Bison defender was trying to crawl off the field to avoid an injury stoppage and they stopped the clock giving the other team a chance to kick a really long field goal?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, NDSU has won the last 12 national championship games they were in. A 12-0 run in championship games is pretty good (to the extent that no other program has ever done it), but the last time the Bison lost a championship game was in 1984 which is also the last time the Bobcats played in a national championship game (and they won that game.)

Anyway, here are the Montana State game notes (it's a PDF): MSU Notes vs. North Dakota State (PDF) - Montana State University Athletics (msubobcats.com)

They've got a 250 lb defensive tackle listed as the starter... but their defensive line seemed very, very stout against SDSU. Plus, you know, NDSU has played 9 more games than the Bobcats this year so the Bison are way more worn down... or so the thinking goes.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Seabass has had a great year and has stood up well against some pretty good big OL's (WSU, SHSU, SDSU), Hehl has been strong to, it has probably been 60/40 Seabass when in our base DL package.

We will rotate 8-10 across the D Line

Just heard that both fan charters out of Bozeman are airborn, No word on the Great Falls and Billings charters

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Saw a forum article today that they will not be doing the team walkthrough before the game, and not allowing fans to rush the field after the game. So fans can pack bars and restaurants for 3 days, and and sit together for 3 hours, but cant stand next to each other on an outdoor field after the game. So fucking stupid.
    From what I remember Matt saying on the news is that the teams will drive in on the East side of the stadium on the road labeled Bison Blvd. Fans are able to line the street and wave as they drive in. The busses will then pull into a private lot away from fans where the teams will unload. My guess is on the south side of the stadium where the lockers are. Just like JMU did in 2019 when they said it was too cold to do the team walk. The reason they cited for the changes of the team walk and storming the field is to protect the players from Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Those left coast libbies are gonna have a hell of a battle trying to get a foothold here in eastern Mt!!
    From the population trends, humanity itself is having trouble keeping a foothold in eastern Montana (if Carter and Powder River counties are any guide.) The most likely influx of people out there now, in my opinion, is from weirdo cults setting up compounds.

Don't get me wrong - I love that part of Montana.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Pizza Hut Park is looking might fine! Oh, I mean FC Dallas Stadium, oh no..... TOYOTA STADIUM that's IT!

But really, the field looks sharp & clean. Simple Montana State and BISON in the Endzones. ONLY three logos on the field, NCAA Natty at mid-field, and the two NCAA logos on the 25's.

The contrast is quite nice with the Dark Blue of the Buyout Bobcats and Screaming Yellow of the Bison in the endzones.

Can't wait to see it on TV on Saturday.