Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas recruits for the Bison

Default Re: Texas recruits for the Bison

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    They have a long ways to go to try to catch the Bison on that one tho (getting to Frisco that is). I think that the Bison and the FCS/NCAA need to put a lot of heat on Frisco to deliver a better product in any case. Especially at 13 bucks a beer. Plenty of venues in Texas that would be delighted to have that championship, and that have plenty to offer.
    How about NOT IN FRISCO? A too small 20,000 seat stadium for a National Title Game? Seriously, why not Cowboy Stadium? Indoor, no weather issues to deal with, or San Antonio Dome, or Arizona College fields? For Gods sake, NDSU has brought $$$$$ and limited seats to Frisco for how long....? Out Grown that dinky stadium because it looks nice that its full? For the Love of Jesus, let this National Championship be played in a bigger venue, that allows more fans to attend. I think Frisco is a joke, it was quite obvious that the City can't get a big enough place for Fans to do Pre-Game events either,...cmon its time for the FCS National Championship to be played in a big Indoor venue for fans to travel and know they aren't dealing with 32 degrees and snow or freezing rain up in our country down there. Sorry Frisco but would someone else bid for this Championship to be else where so we can watch 40,000 or 50,000 fans, or at least when the Bison play it could be 40,000 plus attending.....Am I wrong on feeling this way? Who wants to travel 1500 miles to freeze, why not play it in a warm, nice environment for both fans and players?

A little feedback on this I agree this venue is too small....oh but its nice for ESPN to show a FULL stadium because the other FBS worthless Bowl games and stadiums are 2/3rds empty?
    Sorry about my rant, but its the truth. Wouldn't it be nice to see this game in Glendale Stadium in AZ? or in California somewhere?

Glad to see off SHSU and JMU into the Abyss of college football....bye bye...hurts the FCS overall losing good rivalries..but what do you do?

Go Bison, tear up the Grass in Frisco, Hoof it up baby!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The worst recruiting that could happen for either school would be for recruit and family to be behind Entz and Vigen in a BBQ smorgasbord setting. There might be some green beans left behind, but that’s about it.
    Lmao! And maybe a chunk of pineapple

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    How about NOT IN FRISCO? A too small 20,000 seat stadium for a National Title Game? Seriously, why not Cowboy Stadium? Indoor, no weather issues to deal with, or San Antonio Dome, or Arizona College fields? For Gods sake, NDSU has brought $$$$$ and limited seats to Frisco for how long....? Out Grown that dinky stadium because it looks nice that its full? For the Love of Jesus, let this National Championship be played in a bigger venue, that allows more fans to attend. I think Frisco is a joke, it was quite obvious that the City can't get a big enough place for Fans to do Pre-Game events either,...cmon its time for the FCS National Championship to be played in a big Indoor venue for fans to travel and know they aren't dealing with 32 degrees and snow or freezing rain up in our country down there. Sorry Frisco but would someone else bid for this Championship to be else where so we can watch 40,000 or 50,000 fans, or at least when the Bison play it could be 40,000 plus attending.....Am I wrong on feeling this way? Who wants to travel 1500 miles to freeze, why not play it in a warm, nice environment for both fans and players?

A little feedback on this I agree this venue is too small....oh but its nice for ESPN to show a FULL stadium because the other FBS worthless Bowl games and stadiums are 2/3rds empty?
    Sorry about my rant, but its the truth. Wouldn't it be nice to see this game in Glendale Stadium in AZ? or in California somewhere?

Glad to see off SHSU and JMU into the Abyss of college football....bye bye...hurts the FCS overall losing good rivalries..but what do you do?

There is not demand of Bison fans to get 40-50k fans to this game. There never had been. Maybe 25k at the peak when they were playing JMU. If they game doesn't include NDSU from the first 5 games they struggle to get 15k. The size of the stadium is fine.

I'm glad you acknowledged the venue doesn't change unless someone else bids on it. It's held in Frisco because the Frisco sports organization is the one submitting the bid. They would never host something in another city. That would be like a similar organization in Fargo bidding to host something and having the games in Hillsboro or Maryville.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Why don’t we just play on the moon! That would be epic! Maybe we could have the championship in Estadio Azteca! Think of the history!

I wonder if there’s something else that happens in NFL stadiums on weekends in early January that might make this difficult? Go back to making up crap about locker room issues and Twitter, ya old coot
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Default Texas recruits for the Bison

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Why don’t we just play on the moon! That would be epic! Maybe we could have the championship in Estadio Azteca! Think of the history!

I wonder if there’s something else that happens in NFL stadiums on weekends in early January that might make this difficult? Go back to making up crap about locker room issues and Twitter, ya old coot
    Not enough O2 on the moon plus hotels are scaaaaaaaarce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That would be like a similar organization in Fargo bidding to host something and having the games in Hillsboro or Maryville.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Aww come on how come you have to dis my (and CAS') town like that, don't think Hillsboro would do a good job hosting?? [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Excellent points! Time for a venue change. Look at the price of a ticket right now. Won’t even be able to afford one of those $13 dollar beers once parked and sat down. Ridiculous and a dang shame to create a false supply and demand situation due to too small of a venue when there are a boatload of more appropriately sized places to go. All that
    foolishness serves is the stinkin scalpers.

Frisco has cut a fat hog on this deal for a decade, and it’s time to move on. Advantage to the Dallas area is central location and flights and a lot of venues to consider and to have bid on the privilege of having this championship and cash inflow. Apogee in Denton (30k capacity), the Cotton Bowl, Cowboys stadiums in Frisco and Arlington, Rangers former field, etc. etc.

Outside of Dallas many more very good candidates also as you pointed out!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 12-20-2021 at 10:20 PM.