Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    That game was fun. Enjoyed it a lot. Atmosphere is low energy compared to my college years but was still fun.
    That was top 5 atmosphere of all time and since you called it low, I suspect you weren't actually at the game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Wyoming, BYU, Boise St off the top of my head have all hosted a P5 team in recent years.
    those are all perfectly good teams to root for.

Have fun.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 870XPRS View Post
    The fuck it was 344....calling that low energy is even below you.
    Yeah I was in the south endzone and everyone around us was standing on every defensive down. I haven’t seen that in a LONG time! Was a very fun game!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good luck at the next stage JMU. I am happy that we gave you a proper send off. It is tradition at this point.

Coastal Carolina has had some next level success after the same sendoff, so there’s always that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Is that happening a lot though? I did a cursory look at Ga Southern's schedule and they have never hosted a P5.
    The first 2 years of transition won’t be great OOC because most FBS teams already have their schedule locked up. But Virginia teams have already shown what can be done for OOC scheduling.
    Take ODU as an example. They are also moving to the Sun Belt next year and their 4 OOC games are …
    Home vs Virginia Tech
    Home vs Liberty
    At Virginia
    At East Carolina

All in consecutive weeks. Now that is competitive big boy football. The conference games and the bowl games are not the allure of FBS. But we also see expanded 12 team FBS playoffs are coming and that is the ultimate carrot. If you get a G5 team or two that earns a playoff spot each year you have the makings of a March Madness type bracket that captivates the nation over several weeks. Hopefully the Bison move up soon.

What would be the best 4 FBS OOC games for you?
    Home vs Minnesota
    Home vs Wyoming
    At Nebraska
    At Kansas State
    [I]September 11, 2010 JMU 21 #13Virginia Tech 16[/I]

Lots of noise coming from behind us in the south end zone! Not very many right around us were making noise, but it still sounded loud and I haven't been hoarse after a game like this for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    Yeah I was in the south endzone and everyone around us was standing on every defensive down. I haven’t seen that in a LONG time! Was a very fun game!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    The first 2 years of transition won’t be great OOC because most FBS teams already have their schedule locked up. But Virginia teams have already shown what can be done for OOC scheduling.
    Take ODU as an example. They are also moving to the Sun Belt next year and their 4 OOC games are …
    Home vs Virginia Tech
    Home vs Liberty
    At Virginia
    At East Carolina

All in consecutive weeks. Now that is competitive big boy football. The conference games and the bowl games are not the allure of FBS. But we also see expanded 12 team FBS playoffs are coming and that is the ultimate carrot. If you get a G5 team or two that earns a playoff spot each year you have the makings of a March Madness type bracket that captivates the nation over several weeks. Hopefully the Bison move up soon.

Home vs Minnesota
    Home vs Wyoming
    At Nebraska
    At Kansas State
    For me, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wyoming would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Home vs Virginia Tech
    Home vs Liberty
    At Virginia
    At East Carolina

Home vs Minnesota
    Home vs Wyoming
    At Nebraska
    At Kansas State
    Not Minnesota. That’s like Georgetown/Maryland Basketball back in the day. Not happening.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Is that happening a lot though? I did a cursory look at Ga Southern's schedule and they have never hosted a P5.
    App st has done a few.

ODU has hosted NCSt, UNC and Va tech so far

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    App st has done a few.

ODU has hosted NCSt, UNC and Va tech so far
    IIRC doesn’t the state of Virginia force Virginia Tech to play at ODU? I remember something weird about that
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*