Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    They outplayed their seed because they went on a big sky tear 7 years ago? Sorry. Not buying it.

It goes by how you stack up against ndsu. JMU, and SDSU are the 2 consistent ones. At this level. SHS beating ndsu in a throw away season doesn’t negate the 55-3 beat downs. They most definitely benefit from playing nobodies and over padding their record and stats and Walter Payton winners.

JMU and ndsu should be opposite in the brackets until some other chump steps up to ndsu. It doesn’t even need to be 1-2. Make it 2-4. Put some pud like sac st at 3 because we know the 1 and the 3 will fuck it up
    They did feast on big sky cupcakes

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    They outplayed their seed because they went on a big sky tear 7 years ago? Sorry. Not buying it.

It goes by how you stack up against ndsu. JMU, and SDSU are the 2 consistent ones. At this level. SHS beating ndsu in a throw away season doesn’t negate the 55-3 beat downs. They most definitely benefit from playing nobodies and over padding their record and stats and Walter Payton winners.

JMU and ndsu should be opposite in the brackets until some other chump steps up to ndsu. It doesn’t even need to be 1-2. Make it 2-4. Put some pud like sac st at 3 because we know the 1 and the 3 will fuck it up
    In 2012 they made Frisco as an unseeded team (only 5 seeds then though). In 2014 they made the semis as an unseeded team. In 2015 they made the semis as an unseeded team. In 2017 they made the semis as a #6 seed. There's plenty of teams to choose from if you want a poster child for being consistently overseeded (Jax St, Sac St, etc) but SHSU isn't one. I'd say they were even more successful since 2011 than JMU was.

Default JMU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

JMU has played ndsu tough 4 times out of 4. Definitely no intimidation factor with them when they see green and gold across the field.

SHS played ndsu tough twice. In 2011 and 2021. The spring season was garbage if you even want to count it. Why exactly should SHS be stealing a better seed from JMU? I mean put SHS wherever… just so long as JMU and NDSU are opposite. Not that it matters anymore with JMU and SHS moving on

An article from Harrisonburg...

James Madison had its perfect opportunity to ride off into the FCS sunset. A final shot to thwart an old nemesis, to earn redemption and play for another national championship while capping the most exciting two months in school history in style.
    https://www.dnronline.com/sports/col...fb9da0492.html

Just a comment on the crowd. Yes, we all would have preferred that every seat was filled, but my GOODNESS the crowd brought it friday.

It was EASILY the loudest game I've experience in person (I was not at the 11 UNI game, or either of the GSU semis), But I've probably been to 5 playoff games and another 20 others, usually against UND, SDSU, and the Nattys, and nothing that I HAVE EXPERIENCED topped Friday from a volume stand point.

I went with a buddy who was in the band from 2010-2014 and he said it was as relentless of a crowd as he had ever experienced at the dome and said the roar after the Pick of Destiny was as insane as the brock 4th and frisco

Bottom line, the crowd was great. Good work to everyone involved. It definitely warmed this curmudgeon's icy soul
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Just a comment on the crowd. Yes, we all would have preferred that every seat was filled, but my GOODNESS the crowd brought it friday.

It was EASILY the loudest game I've experience in person (I was not at the 11 UNI game, or either of the GSU semis), But I've probably been to 5 playoff games and another 20 others, usually against UND, SDSU, and the Nattys, and nothing that I HAVE EXPERIENCED topped Friday from a volume stand point.

I went with a buddy who was in the band from 2010-2014 and he said it was as relentless of a crowd as he had ever experienced at the dome and said the roar after the Pick of Destiny was as insane as the brock 4th and frisco

Bottom line, the crowd was great. Good work to everyone involved. It definitely warmed this curmudgeon's icy soul

I do think 2012 Georgia Southern semi was louder, particularly when Brock scored, but damn, folks brought it on Friday!

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Que in Question Mark and the Mysterions song....96 tears.

When NDSU was deciding whether or not to go DI, I'm not sure I knew that JMU existed (they were 2-5 in the playoffs in 20+ seasons) - to me, DI-AA/FCS was Georgia Southern, Youngstown, Montana, and Marshall (d'oh - I hadn't realized they left for FBS at that point.) Even after their 2004 title, JMU all but disappeared from the national scene until 2016 when JMU started a dominant run (as we all know.) Like Longhorn posted, they sure played NDSU tough the last four times we met, and made the playoffs their last eight seasons in the FCS which is quite a streak too, but they got knocked out of the playoffs by Colgate twice in that 8-season streak.

What impressed me most about JMU is how in each of the last three meetings, NDSU went into the half with a 10+ lead and every time, JMU won the second half. Most teams fold after taking 30 minutes of body blows from NDSU, but JMU never did.

So, hey, as NDSU fans, we are a in no-lose situation with this championship game. If our guys beat Montana State, that puts an exclamation point on the statement that "The spring season was an aberration," but if Montana State wins, they immediately replace JMU as a national rival.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Media always focuses on the max db level. That's interesting and all but what I think is unique is the sustained 100 db noise. That's what I think is unique at the FargoDome. I've been to opposing venues Wa-Griz for example where for a moment you go, "Wow, it is loud here". But it typically lasts for a short moment normally on a third down. I think the sustained noise at the FargoDome wears opposing teams down. It's relentless and inescapable.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Key take away. Writer nails it:

But it sure does take a significant amount of shine off what had been a full month and a half of celebration in Harrisonburg knowing North Dakota State can forever hang this over the Dukes. JMU was an excellent FCS program, but it was never a dynasty.